TY mileage - IKE

I was out today. Did 80 km´s on fresh snow. Great ride, short but great. Only downside is that I busted my digital camera. Got only one pic...

I did the Oratunturi trail from Sodankylä to Kelujärvi and from there to Oratunturi and back to Sodankylä. Lots of snow at the fjells, and it was snowing there too.

I installed new ski skins with my friend to my sled. Those are called Vuotsolainen. They are 25 cm ( 10 inch ) wide and bit higher from the tip. They help flotation and going over fallen trees etc.

Map of the trail. Purple lines are the trails.

Ike

Last edited:

Hello there!

I´ll be going to my yearly snowmobile trip with friends 30th (friday). This year we are going to the northern most part of Finland. We´ll also visit Norway and the Arctic Ocean. Should be great!

I´ll post videos and pics after the longweekend of riding. I´ll also post maps for you guys to get an idea where I´m going etc.

Here is link to my ´06 trip with friends.

http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1983&highlight=yearly+snowmobile+trip

Ike

Here are some maps.

First, the map of Finland in Europe.

And the map of northern Finland. Sodankylä is where I live.

Our sofar planned route is marked in red lines on that map. We´ll probably start from Ivalo. First day we´ll ride to Utsjoki , on the second day we´ll ride to Sanila , where we´ll stay over night. Thrid day we´ll go over Norway to dip our finger on the Barent´s sea. On that day we´ll ride back to Ivalo. Daily rides should be about 200 - 280km´s.

Hotel at Utsjoki
http://www.utsjoki-teno.fi/kokoenglanti.htm

Sanila reindeer farm.
http://www.sanila.fi/english/

Ike

Last edited:
I´m back.

We did 630 km´s this year. Great scenery and trails. Today the weather wasn´t that good, but we had great time.

My Vmax-4 used 25 litres / 100km´s, those 4-strokes did way better, from 12 - 14 / 100km´s...

Ike

We visited Norway, didn´t go all the way to the Barents Sea, but went abroad anyway LOL.

More pics.

Gettin the sled reay for day 2

Relaxing before the start to the trails.

Me on my Vmax.

Utsjoki.

Different kind of traffic on the trails...

Ike

Last edited:

On the border of Finland and Norway

Having a break on the trail side. I look bored, LOL!

Ike

I had a freak accident : slipped when I was at the sauna, hit may head from the front and rear... Had to be stiched up... I still rode day 3. And I know what you guys think, but I was sober LOL! The trip to the nearest hospital took 2,5 hours (190 km´s) by taxi.

Map of the trails in the northern Lapland.

Ike

Daily lunch... LOL

MAN FOOD

All done, back at the trailers.

Ike

Last edited:

Smaller rivers are getting free from ice by now.

Pic of a small cottage at trail side. We had a break there. Nice shelter from those arctic winds.

Nice scenery shot.

Hammastunturi fjell.

Ike

FuzzButt, thank you! Always great to hear that my photos are viewable.

Ike

Tom, thank you for mailing the cover.

Here it is finally in place. Just testing it. Only going to use in winter.

Thank´s again!

Ike

Nice pics! Maybe you use more gas on the trail but if you carry gas cans it compensates. Did your engine ever let you down during your trips? I'm saying this since your friends all have newer sleds. My bet is your able to follow no problems.

(knock on wood) Vmax-4 has been bulletproof. No problems at all. I just L O V E that sled. The way it pulls makes me smile inside my helmet every single time.

Now it should have that stock car sound to it since I put Bender twin cans on it.

Not long anymore. This is taken today....

Ike

PhatboyC said:
Nice mufflers! Is made of aluminium?

Yep!

I just cleaned them and installed new exhaust fabric inside. Just to keep the noise level down a bit.

Ike

Back