Fuel Mileage Survey???

Exciterfan

Just interested in the fuel mileage everyone is experiencing. Had a good (great!!) run today, but I was using a lot more fuel than my "Skidoo" buddies.

I know the doos are great on fuel, and now that I'm running a piped SXR600 I shouldn't be expecting "incredible" mileage, but I was just wondering how I compare to everyone else.

Looks like I was getting 11mpg (Imperial gallons). I was runing pretty hard today. Saw 95mph on the gps (Thanks Turk).

Please let me knmow what mileage you are seeing.

Thanks

Exciterfan

Between 10-13 with 11-12 being the most typical.I have my jetting and clutching dialed in and I expected better mileage, but its about the same as bone stock.Maybe I'm just on the gas more than I realize with the new found power.It sure sounds better with the leaner jetting.Is my mileage about right?Yours does'nt seem that bad for having pipes Exciterfan,some 700's I know of with pipes are seeing 9 mpg or so later Josh

I probaly get between 9-11 mpg,. i am lucky if i see 155 kms to a tank. I use the sled as a stress relief and tend to use the flipper a bit like a light switch, on or off. Gotta love the pull of the Bender pipes from 7000rpm to 8600. Put 150 kilometers on today, and i bet i burned close to 40 bucks, but i rarely run groomed trails, and tend to go off trail looking for powderey snow. I also ride with a stock v max 4 800, and he always burns more fuel then me.

Mine was 12.7 last trip out. Best ever was 13 or so and last year it was in the 10-11 area. Not to bad for a 600 twin.

I know I get better mileage when I'm leading. Trails or not I get about the same.

The Yamaha 2 cylinder 500-600 liquids are known for high consumption. I average 10 mpg with a 500. The larger 3 cylinder Yamy's are normally much better.
Yesterday I got 16.3 on a 485 fan while river running.

With PI End Dumps at the beginning of the season I was seeing only about 100 miles to a full tank. I loved the performance of the piped 600 but soon got sick of the gas mileage. The sled is a dog without the pipes but I missed the gas mileage... so i bought an SRX lol. best of both worlds.

My '01 srx gets around 13 mpg in most conditions with my clutching, the '01 sx 700r gets between 16-18 depending on riding conditions and who is on it. My '97 SX with aaen pipes used to get 16 or so with my clutching and it was FAST.

i got around 10 mpg on my piped sx 700 recently, i have got around 12 mpg with it b4 though

Wife and I ran from Baldwin to Gaylord this past weekend,
stopped for gas after 142 miles and put 10 gallons in both the 500 & 600 SXR's both stock, running 30 - 40 mph on average.

D

Went for ride Saturday with the kids in PA - 6 sleds, 3 - 02 SXVipers, 1 - 97 SX 600 triple, 1 - 99 Vmax Deluxe 600 triple and an 04 RX Warrior. After a 65 mile ride we filled up, everything except for the warrior took 4 gallons to fill them up (warrior only needed 3.2 gallons) so thats 16.25 MPG for the 2 strokes and 20.31 for the 4 stroke. Trail riding on nicely groomed trails and running between 35 -50 mph. Now when the kids aren't riding with us those numbers do go down as we ride semi aggressive but still average 12 MPG (lowest) up to 17 MPG (highest) on the vipers depending on temps.

snoden700viper said:
Went for ride Saturday with the kids in PA - 6 sleds, 3 - 02 SXVipers, 1 - 97 SX 600 triple, 1 - 99 Vmax Deluxe 600 triple and an 04 RX Warrior. After a 65 mile ride we filled up, everything except for the warrior took 4 gallons to fill them up (warrior only needed 3.2 gallons) so thats 16.25 MPG for the 2 strokes and 20.31 for the 4 stroke. Trail riding on nicely groomed trails and running between 35 -50 mph. Now when the kids aren't riding with us those numbers do go down as we ride semi aggressive but still average 12 MPG (lowest) up to 17 MPG (highest) on the vipers depending on temps.

I read these posts and I wonder if I just ride that much harder or if my viper is just a POS. I average 9-10.

Back