Piped Viper or a 87 Camaro?

auji700triple

Well, the offer has came onto the table... im looking for a car and a guy here on ty is selling one, and is giving me a deal i think on it.(locally) i can give him 5,000cash for his car OR trade my sled and other parts i have for it. Is it worth it?? the car is in Like Mint shape, 350cop Vettte Package motor, new performance tires, ac, power windows with a 5speed tranny. Also with some engine work (porting polishing). Is it worth it, i do like driving sled, but i also need a car.

I applied for aloan and i can't get one until i turn 19, so im shit outa luck. What would you guys do.

Plus the viper isn't set-up so it will take awhile dialing it in, but all the same, it is my first performance sled with alot of mods, Opinions??

Is this going to be your daily driver year around? there not the best in the
winter, i don't think that car is worth 5k tho, i guess it's all up to you
but when i was your age i problobly would have wanted the car,, now i
shoot for gas mileage..LOL

i would keep the sled and look for somthing better on gas IMO..$.02

hahahah thanks you guys for the comments... yeah its a V8 5.7L motor, i assume its bad on gas. Yea its a daily Driver In the summer but not in the winter... wouldnt be able to go anywhere with perf.tires espically rear wheeled drive.

but i want a car but i also want to keep my first performance sled so i dont know, im looking towards getting the car, i can get another yamaha sled later down the road...

I don't know what a 350 cop Vette Package motor is. But I won't go as far as to say a 350 is going to be hard on gas. I would expect mid 20's in a smaller car like a camaro. A big part of that will be driver. I used to drive performance cars as my daily drivers when I was younger. They got me a lot of tickets (ok so my fault) and had a lot of down time. Driving a modded car (I assume that based on 350 cop Vette Package motor) is going to be no different then riding a modded sled. Always something.... I would pass....

lol, hahah jeep therapy, its not the car its how heavy your right foot is. I was always told i got a heavy foot... and plus on this camaro there is no govenor, registerd for 240 and can barry the needle i was told.... i was told it wasn't very much maintenced... still debating!

buy a cheap car that's good on gas and beat the hell out of it and drive it year round. Keep your sled dude.

That is the exact same car that i want (1987 camaro, 350, v8, standard, black, t-tops) but i would not trade my sled for it, right now scince summer is coming you might want the car more. but you'll miss that sled in november/ december when winter starts to roll around and you don't want to cruise around in the car as much, so i'd say do what i'm doing save all summer for it man. Otherwise evrytime it snows you'll regret it!! RIDE FOR LIFE MAN!!! :winterrul :letitsnow

buy a Festiva and keep your sled. you can do much better than an 87 camaro for 5g's. My buddy bought a 93 RS last week w/ 115,000 miles for $400. The kid didnt know how to put a starter in it. My jaw dropped when I saw the car.

Plus they're saying if this thing with Iran and Great Britain doesn't get over pretty quick the price of oil could go crazy.

Well... Im still debating, Insurance is going to cost me about 3,200 With a clean record, no points/accidents. only had a minor speeding ticket here and there. I'm probably not going to be here for this winter anywyas, i think i might be out in school trying to get my helicopter License and try to get my "Aircraft Repair/Maintence" trade. So i probably wont get a whole lot of time to ride for the next 2-3 years.

Im not sure what i want to do, i love sledding but i always want to get a nice car. well, we will see in time what will happen with my sled. but if i do trade it i am going to get another yamaha, maybe a 4-stroke this time.

dont get that car. thats my opinion. they really arent that great a ride. not terrible, but if you want good reliable transportation that is kinda fun to drive, look elsewhere. while it may be fun it cant be used all year-round. so why bother if you need to get a second car to drive in the winter? and if you done need a car in the winter because you can get a ride... than get a ride during the summer and save up. look for a good clean unmodded car so that you dont have to wonder what has been done when it comes time to maintain or fix it! my $.02!!

I've had alot of 3rd gen f-bodies, and 5 grand is getting close to 98+ LS-1 territory. 5 grand will get you a 93+ LT-1 for sure. The only 3rd gen cars I would consider anymore would be an 82 pace car (for sentimental reasons), or an 89 turbo trans am (very rare and the fastest trans am ever made). Not that the 82-92 are bad cars, but even with a vette 350(L-98), the LS-1 cars are SO much better for not alot more. Right now you can find 98 LS-1's for around 8 grand, and with 320hp they're a performance steal. JMO

Back