New Viper Project

jtssrx

I like DirkDiggler
Ok Boys a new Era has begun today. I just went to FEDEX Freight and Picked up my new motor. I bought a 1000cc htg motor from a gentleman in Maine. It came with two sets of pipes, and two sets of heads. One set is for trail and one set is for race. The trail set would be an excellent setup if I deside to get real crazy and add NOS. The race set will not work well with NOS becuase NOS doesn't work well with big compression. I will take a series of photos to go along with this thread includign dyno session and track photo's

I also have a 128 Proline and track to install as well as light weight prostock shocks.

My hopes are to put this sled into the high 5's in 660 feet on the ice and the low 5's or even a 4.9's in the grass in 500 feet.

Amsnow Right up

This Motor came from a sled that was in the shootout. Here is that rightup

Lately, we've been touting the sport cruiser sleds as a performance segment overlooked by macho dudes who would rather horse a sled off the trailer and yank a starter rope. This year HTG brought us a hot rodded Viper ER as an entry in our Trail Mod Invitational.

"We wanted to show that our cylinders will fit into other sleds besides Polaris," noted HTG's front man, Rob Schooping. "We used the stock Viper base and put our VES cylinders on it.
"It runs on regular old pump gas," he added. Consumers will need to send their engine's lower half in to HTG for slight modification.

A preliminary Hot To Go clutch kit was installed in the primary and secondary clutches to handle all the power and send it to the Camoplast track.

"We took this engine right off the dyno and put it on the trailer to come to the Shoot-Out," said sled owner and HTG employee, Mark Smith. "We didn't have a lot of time to work on the clutching, but it's in the ballpark."

In our followup conversation with Schooping, he let us know that his pipes came back from stamping with additional horsepower, rating the setup at 208hp. He also noted they have been refining their clutch kit for the Vipers.

Performance
The HTG Viper ER leapt to the 60' mark in 1.470 seconds, while the stock SXViper needed 1.651 seconds to get there. At the 660' mark, the HTG sled had hit 94.14 mph in 6.746 seconds. When it crossed the finish beam, it had exceeded the century mark at 106.89 mph in 9.02 seconds, almost two seconds quicker than the stock sled. All with the reverse gear and electric start systems still in place!

The HTG Viper ER was given the Dynotech Best Engineered award for quality craftsmanship. "The engine and pipe work on HTG's Viper ER is probably the best looking package we've seen at the Trail Mod Invitational," commented presenter Sean Ray. "All those good looks and superb performance in a trail-friendly package are testament to Schooping and Smith's engineering quality and design savvy."

For more information about either of the HTG Trail Mod Invitational packages, contact HTG at 2317 Grand Island Blvd, Grand Island, NY 14072 • 716/773-6131 • www.htgracing.com

Trail mod description & price
Intake
44mm Lectron carbs & kit w/manifolds .....$1,200.00

Engine
HTG VES 1000 top end w/ Modified Viper Bottom End .....$4,495.00

Exhaust
HTG triple pipes .....$825.00

Clutching
Heavy Hitters w/Dalton helix .....$260.00

Front Susp/Skis
Stock .....$0.00

Rear Susp/Track
Stock .....$0.00

Studs
192 Woody's 1.060" .....Variable

Total Cost: .....$6,780.00

Attachments

• al_11942_so.jpg
    al_11942_so.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
pro116 said:
Jason I have some red power mad drag ski's.

Ryan I think I'm going to get that stuff painted Blue. I have to pull the heads to swap the incerts so I think I'm going to have CCPERFORMANCE Power coat them while it's apart.

New Stuff

Started working on it again. Here are some new pics

Attachments

• 0825071113 (Medium).jpg
    0825071113 (Medium).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 22
  • 0825071256a (Medium).jpg
    0825071256a (Medium).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 0825071331b (Medium).jpg
    0825071331b (Medium).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 0825071523 (Medium).jpg
    0825071523 (Medium).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 0825071523a (Medium).jpg
    0825071523a (Medium).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Nice!!!

I will be watching this thread closely. Keep the pics coming please.

Ding said:
Nice!!!

I will be watching this thread closely. Keep the pics coming please.

I'm going to try to have it together for burrville. if you want to see it in person.

Not happy

Well Boys I was lied to. This motor will not make more then 175hp on the Dyno. We've spoken with Justin Fuller at full power performance and he confirmed this fact with us. The Second Owner "Eric Demart" Form New York tried to get this motor to make power with Justin. They could never get it to make more then the same 175 we made. So he went to another Dyno and they fabricated dyno runs by putting false data in to the dyno to show better numbers. That's the only explanation for the dyno sheets I have. We took the motor to a really good Two stroke engine builder to see if we could do anything with porting or possible stroking it to get the power and he said it's just not going to make anymore based on the porting, Port Timing and Case volume.

At this point I'm stuck with the motor. the gentlemen I bought it from refuses to take it back. My motor I traded to him is gone and he spent the cash. The other issue I have with this setup is HTG "Hot to Go" Lied way back in 2001 when they built the motor. They claimed it made 208hp. It's laughable. You should see the Pipes they used on it. They hold 1/2 the volume the pipes Eric had built trying to get it to make power. Justin told us it would make about 160 with those pipes on it. So Eric got 15hp out of the pipes.

The Silver Lining in this is I can spray the hell out of this motor. The Large Bore lends itself to Spray. Unlike the small 69mm bore it used to have the 84 mm bore will take a large shot of NOS a lot easier. So I bought a Wet NOS system today from Paul Mag. I'm going to go back to the low compression heads "pump gas compression" and spray it with as much at 25 per hole. That will give me close to 250hp on the spray.

I will update this post after teh sled is completely together. I'll have pics and scanned dyno sheets for you guys to see.

engine..... all is not lost!!

Jason, call me I can help you.........you just need a case that will let the cylinders work, the way it currently is like pouring liquid thru a funnel backwards! You cant supply big ports of those cylinders with a small case. If you know what your port timing is already I can help with all of it. I have been down this road your traveling already. 330-448-8796-Don

Gotta love HTG. I have a good friend who has had similar encounters with Rob at HTG, and the support isn't there. At HTG, they are extremely arrogant, and I will never deal with them again.

mrviper700 said:
Jason, call me I can help you.........you just need a case that will let the cylinders work, the way it currently is like pouring liquid thru a funnel backwards! You cant supply big ports of those cylinders with a small case. If you know what your port timing is already I can help with all of it. I have been down this road your traveling already. 330-448-8796-Don

Don I called you no Answer

valin said:
Gotta love HTG. I have a good friend who has had similar encounters with Rob at HTG, and the support isn't there. At HTG, they are extremely arrogant, and I will never deal with them again.

Ya What a bunch of Scam artists!!! I'm really disappointed with the false Hp claims

That is really unfortunate indeed. Too bad you were misled, been there, done that, and it sucks. Hopefully Don can help ya out!

from the first post i thought it sounded kind of wierd.with a 1000cc motor you should be running 4.4-4.5 in 500ft on grass. & you should run better times then that on 660ft ice shouldnt yea??? hope you open her up & take it to the lake & smoke those htg boys.now justin from htg should no how to build that motor.(didnt he work for bender)?

Back