Possible TY ride in Mercer, WI

1CrazySledder

VIP Member
A few of us are kicking around the idea of a TY ride in the Mercer, WI. area in mid Feb. maybe.

At this point, we are just wanting to see who would be interested. No date has been set yet.

Lets get another one going, seeing how the Minnesota ride was canceled this season.

-Vince

Last edited:

There is a good chance that me and my gf would make it. We both took the 22nd - 24th off and are trying to plan a trip.

Sweet. There's one here and one on the other side. Tom says he can make it if its Mid Feb. ( 2 weeks ) That's when we would like to shoot for. Gotta have Tom there. lol

Hopefully, we can get more responses so we can set a date to plan by.

ride

The wife and I will be in Mercer from the 18-21 let us know, had a good time at the last one.

I've driven through Mercer but never really payed attention to lodging. Where do you stay either in or near Mercer?

MikesVMAX said:
I've driven through Mercer but never really payed attention to lodging. Where do you stay either in or near Mercer?

We were thinking the great northern. It is a decent place right on the trail. Has a lounge, and a pool I think.

Vinnie, how much snow did you get. come on ever we got a foot at my house. Ridding this weekend for sure Paul

FYI...we are going to be in the area that week/weekend and were planning on staying at the Great Northern Thurs/Friday night...we just called for reservations...

They have about 10 rooms available for Friday night (Feb 22) and less for Saturday (Feb 23).

If you guys are going to do this, do it soon.

How many people are planning on going? We are going to make reservations tomorrow either in Mercer or Rhinelander. My girlfriend really wants to go where we can meet people but she is afraid to bring her polaris. Just trying to figure out which route to go.

If you are looking for an alternative snowmobiling place, Price County in Wisconsin (Phillips area) has excellent trails that are groomed.

I have a reliable contact up there that says that the trails are perfect and that they are not seeing a lot of traffic. And that the hotels are pretty empty too.

Don't be affraid to bring a polaris. LOL

Looks like the weekend of the 22 will work best for me. I have other plans for the 15th.

I'm going to get res. for the something like the 21-sunday. I'm going to go either way.

anyone else in? We didn't make our reservations yet. We had to run and pic up a her new sled. Hopefully we'll make them this weekend somewhere

i'll be up fri-sun, look's like we'll be staying at the g.f's mom's place down the road about a mile from the hotel

Back