128 mph in 2000 feet on a stock srx

The sled is very impressive but....lets also give credit to the driver...she sure knows when the machine shifts and when to punch it and where to line herself on the track.
A driver mistake can easliy cost 2 to 3 mph.....I am watching you Lise and learning. Now if i can only sit with you and Dan and pick your brains on tuning!!!????

deekersrx700 said:
Congrats Dan and Lise, hard work pays off.

I'll bet this is the fastest stock srx anywhere!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA8OMQP10Ks
Thanks Booger. I'll bet your sorry now you sold your SRX , although that picture of you on your bike was awesome. Really glad to hear to hear your trip went well. Maybe next year you"ll come back to play on the ice. :winterrul

Thanks Yamyrider. I'm just along for the ride.. The sleds just handles really well.. as you know yourself! I hope we get another test (fun) day in North Bay weather permitting.. Maybe we can get together and share some tuning secrets one day soon. We are at R.L. Equipment in Verner (your friendly neighbourhood Yamaha dealer!) ....if ever you are in the area.. stop in and say hi! Thanks again for the encouraging words. I apperciate it.
Lise

Yes, Congrats Lise. If I need a lightweight to pull a better number, you're going to pilot mine next year, and I won't accept no as an answer. :)

LOL Not a problem! I would be honoured! As long as I don't gain 50 pounds by next winter! Let me know when you go testing I'll try and make it for a practice run! ;)! I Love runnnig down! (as you probably noticed!)

Ok. Testing won't start again until next year. I cooked my piston rings again....that is why the motor wasn't pulling nearly as hard as it should have been this weekend.

Blue4U said:
Thanks Yamyrider. I'm just along for the ride.. The sleds just handles really well.. as you know yourself! I hope we get another test (fun) day in North Bay weather permitting.. Maybe we can get together and share some tuning secrets one day soon. We are at R.L. Equipment in Verner (your friendly neighbourhood Yamaha dealer!) ....if ever you are in the area.. stop in and say hi! Thanks again for the encouraging words. I apperciate it.
Lise

And...."It takes longer to bake a pie, then it does to drive to RL Equipment in Verner".......I have heard that before!

Awesome job Dan and Lise! never thought it would have went that fast but it is a yamaha. maybe next year we will see it in the 130's, im sure its got it in it those numbers weren't slowing down any. You are gonna be cought up to us pretty soon lol, Mike. :WayCool:

Lise let me know if anyone goes out for that fun day of testing.. Hoping my parts will be in tomorrow and would like to test that Viper...

O.K. Jabber I will let you know. I think Dan's supposed to call Claude tomorrow and see if they will be going out. In the mean time I will bake a pie for Yamyrider! LOL
:offtopic:
You don't have to worry Michael.. we'll never catch you at the speed you are running!!! Unless you want our sled for another week or so.... :ban:

valin said:
Ok. Testing won't start again until next year. I cooked my piston rings again....that is why the motor wasn't pulling nearly as hard as it should have been this weekend.
Interesting, another MrViper motor break down, sounds like at least #2 for valin? modsrx has at least 4 this year. snowrules has 3 + another 2 (or 3). Anyone one else?

Was thinking about porting but not sure after reading all the problems this year.

Also what is so "stock" about that SRX? Skid is definitely lowered and missing outer idlers, what else has been done? I’ve also seen Bravo’s leave harder off the line, are we sure that’s 2000’? I call BS!

:hide: :hide: :hide:

I know this is going to get some attention, but they are serious questions. You've got to ask yourself. Please think before you post, I'm not bashing Don here - wondering about porting in general. How reliable were you before and after, honestly???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questioning the master will probably cost me my account... :ban:

Last edited:
KillerB said:
Interesting, another MrViper motor break down, sounds like at least #2 for valin? modsrx has at least 4 this year. snowrules has 3 + another 2 (or 3). Anyone one else?

Was thinking about porting but not sure after reading all the problems this year.

Also what is so "stock" about that SRX? Skid is definitely lowered and missing outer idlers, what else has been done? I’ve also seen Bravo’s leave harder off the line, are we sure that’s 2000’? I call BS!

I know this is going to get some attention, but they are serious questions. You've got to ask yourself. Please think before you post, I'm not bashing Don here - wondering about porting in general. How reliable were you before and after, honestly???
Some people just don't get it !!!!! Before I even respond to your insults, read the N.B.S.S.R. 700 Stock ( pro class) rules before you shoot your mouth off.Again READ THE RULES before you post. Ask Nbssr how long the track was.

KillerB said:

Comming from a guy with 1 post....better get better educated before making such remarks...and yes I will report your activity to the webmaster.
As mentioned above read the rules before shooting your mouth off like that. There are 2 classes in the NBSSR...trial and pro. totally different rules for both classes...um and ya the track is 2000ft....wow.

Great work Dan and Lise!! Don't let anyone undermine your acheivement!!! Your sled rocks for a 700 and it didn't happen by accident or overnight, hard work pays off.... Keep up the good work!!!!

KillerB......there is nothign wrong with asking questions but you methods are not doing you any favors......
Porting whs your first question.....reliable..yes porting is very reliable. First dont go comparing a full blow race sled like Valin's to those of the other you mentioned....totally different animals....why did the others have problems....dont know...improper jetting?..bad gas?...engine running hot? you are judging based on a few sleds....there are thousands of ported sleds without issues at all for many many miles. again educate yourself before you shoot your mouth.
As far as the SRX...yep they lowered the sled and removed the outer rear idlers and acheived those speeds...wow....if you read the NBSSR rules lowering and even chaining down the suspension is ok in the pro class...not trial class...if you were present at the races and had questions you should have asked someone much smarter and better educated then you....I am sure the NBSSR you have been happy to pass you the mesuring tape to get your approval on the 2000ft track. Maybe you are upset because you just cant get your sled to move like some of these people can.

Another MrViper motor breakdown? I do not have a MrViper motor. I am running an 1136cc race motor, and it was not a breakdown. The rings are worn out. I hardly think that is a breakdown. It still runs 148.3 mph in 2000'.

Also, Don's (MrViper) motors are not going down because of the work Don is doing. The porting does not decrease reliability, and he does a very good job at porting an SRX. 95% of the time it is user error that results in engine damage.

Last edited:

Back