128 mph in 2000 feet on a stock srx

fellas like that really frustate me , if he only knew that by the time you get on the throttle its more like 1900 ft. . I better not get started ill end up patching drywall in my house..oh well happy trails killer b

ok VALIN, JABBER, BLUE4U, YAMMYRIDER,DHSRX, AND OTHERS,

I want to make a suggestion to nbssr but want your input first !

powervalved vs non-powervalved engines

Maybe a new class would be appropriate call it "vintage" or whatever but should a single pipe sx , xcr, zr, or even triple piped sxr really compete against srx and f-7 . After spending $30 and getting crushed week after week i see these fellas not returning and there are a lot more $30 in line in the stock trail than other classes. I know its just a little trophy with a net worth less than a toaster but lets face it tis the glory of it like "150 club " .

We have already been discussing a vintage class, but the years will be much older than that. We were thinking aboug doing something with any sled that was available prior to the year of 1990. Stating it like that, it would allow sleds like the '91 Vmax to be allowed, since it was available and unchanged since '89, and the same for an indy 650 (up to 1992), or a 1990 Wildcat 650.

We will have to figure out something about displacement, and modifications.

thats a good starting point i guess , "devils advocate" , the pre-92 vintage class will cater only to hand full of people where as a pre-97 will include most of the side liners. i paid close attention to this at rocky's both times , and i know that the folks running nbssr are way too busy to analyse any of this so i am sure any realistic data is welcome on their part as it would generate more $$$$$$ in there pocket and elevate the curiosity of participation buy those "sideliners"

Good point on trying to bringing the majority of sleds into competition... As you said a person will only register to get beat up on a couple times then will move on. I know a few guys that ran, that just wanted to see what there sleds could do for MPH.. I personally like to try to better my own speed every time out. Eventually you run out of improvements to be made.. I like the idea of vintage classes and maybe the non powervalve single pipe class would work aswell.. All based on registration #'s...

I'm still waiting for my bravo 250 class for next year...LOL
Can't wait to see how fast we can get that thing to go! I wonder if I'm allowed to cut down the windsheild??? :rocks:

Had a little fun on the weekend. Was invited out to Simon lake on Sunday by LOVE 2 RACE and W8N4SNOW. Although my light weight co-pilot couldn't come with me I decided to run the sled myself. Shocked a few including me as I pulled a 128.8 and a 129.6mph in about 2400 ft. Not too shabby for 6'2'' and 208lbs. Temperature was around -3 and the ice was pretty decent. Have to thank Kevin for preparing a great track and I believe all who showed up had a great last run. See you all next year. Dan

Hey Dan I know it doesn't look to good right now but I'm betting we get one more run in this season!! I'd love to see you break into the 130's with that sled. I'm off to Ottawa for a couple days but will be checking conditions when I get back.. I think we should be able to get a few takers.. I know harness racer and yammyguy are still looking to get out..
Dan J.

Blue4U said:
Thanks Yamyrider. I'm just along for the ride.. The sleds just handles really well.. as you know yourself! I hope we get another test (fun) day in North Bay weather permitting.. Maybe we can get together and share some tuning secrets one day soon. We are at R.L. Equipment in Verner (your friendly neighbourhood Yamaha dealer!) ....if ever you are in the area.. stop in and say hi! Thanks again for the encouraging words. I apperciate it.
Lise

Me and my dad were in RL a few weeks back pricing out ATV's and the salesman that we had owns a 2001 SRX that he races... coincidence?

coincidence ?

token said:
Me and my dad were in RL a few weeks back pricing out ATV's and the salesman that we had owns a 2001 SRX that he races... coincidence?
One in the same.My wife and I both work at RL.Myself in sales and Lise in parts and accessories. We also have a mint 2002 SRX that we race in the trail class. :2strokes:

Well guys it looks as those I will have to put my wife up for hire as a driver next year. Let the bidding begin. HaHa

Blue4U said:
One in the same.My wife and I both work at RL.Myself in sales and Lise in parts and accessories. We also have a mint 2002 SRX that we race in the trail class. :2strokes:

Do you remember us by any chance? I guess it was you... you brought us outside and started up the bikes for us..

my dad was the truck driver for canada bread.

small world...

token said:
Do you remember us by any chance? I guess it was you... you brought us outside and started up the bikes for us..

my dad was the truck driver for canada bread.

small world...
Yes I do remember. I'm still waiting for your Dad to call me back on our quote. Summers coming fast now. ;)!

Blue4U said:
Yes I do remember. I'm still waiting for your Dad to call me back on our quote. Summers coming fast now. ;)!

I think the problem was he wanted 2 blue ones but you only had one or something like that, thats why he hasn't been back.

Back