Future Yamaha Jet Boat owner

True, no speed boat like the other Yamaha Jet Boats, but my guess is that it is still a 40-40mph boat, which in my eyes is plenty fast. My 20' Grady White does 40mph on a good day, and for me and my wallet, is plenty fast. Can't do much about the weight through, should do great in a nice chop.

Ran my exciters everywhere. Bullet proof!! Very dangerous with many beers. Be careful.

If you need to go over 50, my ls2000 will be for sale in the spring. Shallow water, look at the 18pg thread in the general section of yamahajetboaters.com The guy ran it untill it bottomed out in 4 in of water, no damage, got lucky that Texas had all the flood problems last fall and was able to get it out.

Nice boats, rock solid bullet proof. Typically they are faster than that but it looks like you will be able to bring a few friends... which will help w/gas money. Those things are thirsty! Just look out for birds standing ontop of the water... long story.

they are no good for shallow water at all unless its over clean concrete,for one you will plug the cooling system up going thru mud. sand, sand will wear out the drive prop and ring like sand blasting with water,rocks will destroy the prop and ring, weeds will plug water pick up, swallow water is a myth and selling point that is untrue.just an example i was tuneing a jet ski in three ft of water and it was sucking pee gravel from the bottom.all season we are repairing them from people thinking they can run in shallow water this is a myth! the only time there is a chance you could run in shallow water and not damage anything is if you go from deep to swallow like a sand bar at wot up on plain.

no1chevyboy said:
they are no good for shallow water at all unless its over clean concrete,for one you will plug the cooling system up going thru mud. sand, sand will wear out the drive prop and ring like sand blasting with water,rocks will destroy the prop and ring, weeds will plug water pick up, swallow water is a myth and selling point that is untrue.just an example i was tuneing a jet ski in three ft of water and it was sucking pee gravel from the bottom.all season we are repairing them from people thinking they can run in shallow water this is a myth! the only time there is a chance you could run in shallow water and not damage anything is if you go from deep to swallow like a sand bar at wot up on plain.

When I said shallow as in rocks I meant like big, big rocks. Such as jumping rapids, which is one of the main purposes for a jet-boat.

This boat is fiberglass, if you hit anything hard you'll do damage. That's why the river boats made for hitting rocks have flat bottoms and are aluminum.

i've owned various jets for quite a few years. currently have a sugar sand tango 4+2 plus a couple jetskis...

shallow water. yes jets are not good at STARTING in shallow water, but as long as you are on plane, you shouldn't suck anything in, even in a couple inches. (i've run my tango MANY years in inches of water) I've even bounced across a couple sandbars that were just barely submerged.

like the post above me said, this is NOT a rapids runner... entirely different type of boat that also just happens to be powered by a jet.

I have a speed demon!!
A 12ft LOWE row boat!!! with a 1958 10hp Johnson!!!
I know your laughing but that little boat goes 22mph on the GPS!!!!
Now that's with just me in it, on a flat lake,with a concrete block in the front....
I also have a 22ft PennYenn we use for fishing on lake Erie for Perch and Walleye

If I were you, I would go look for an older PowerPlay 18XLT. Those boats are cool and are pretty fast. Do you like to go 70mph and chime walk? and spend alot less money?

Back