I want a VMAX4!

Bushman

Ok now what one do I want? Im guessing a 800 over a 750? Or does it depend on price? I really love the Bender Racing knockoffs but have not seen any for sale as of late. please tell me what ya know about the V-4's for a guy that just wants a play sled. ;)!

How about pipes? Hold out for stock or piped? Interested in snow drags with the boys & whoopin em ;)!

Last edited:

92 WAS FIRST YEAR. GREAT TO HAVE FROM COLLECTORS STAND POINT. 95 WAS FASTEST AND FIRST 800. 1997 ARE VERY RARE AND LIMITED BUILT. AND WAS END FOR THE VMAX 4. THAT 96 PICTURED HERE LOOKS VERY NICE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
92 WAS FIRST YEAR. GREAT TO HAVE FROM COLLECTORS STAND POINT. 95 WAS FASTEST AND FIRST 800. 1997 ARE VERY RARE AND LIMITED BUILT. AND WAS END FOR THE VMAX 4. THAT 96 PICTURED HERE LOOKS VERY NICE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

why were the 95's faster than 96 & 97?

i had a '95 for a while & could crush the '94 with it, never raced a 96 or 97 with it but seems to be somewhat common knowledge that 95's ran the best

thanks

I could be wrong but 800's were the same HP same engine just clutching was different,little milder on the '97, because they were steered for trail riding.

I had a 96 for a while and loved it. regret not having it anymore. a lot! I would want a stock one, but thats just me

I hear they are very thirsty. they also use expensive drive belts, so be prepaired to pay for all the coolness.

I have had a 95 800 that I ran stock, then moved to Improved stock, and finally set it up as a Mod...[I sold it last fall] and still have a 96 that is ported, Aaen quads + a 136" pro action suspension. The 800s are a much better sled then the 750s all around.
-better cranks[don't need to be welded for high RPM]
-CDI is capable of higher revs
-new style clutches primary + secondary
-tripple exhaust ports
-stock exhaust is higher output on the 800s[works good on the 750s]

I have a two up seat on my 96...LOL!... and it is great for embarassing 800Rs and ZR900s ect that think they are going to blow by the two rider sled on the lake. With my wife on the back this trail modded VMAX4 sled will easily run up around 120MPH on the GPS on the hard pack!

Last edited:
I have a 1992 vmax4, hauck 880 big bore sled I use for radar runs, it would take a little bit of work to get it back to stock but I beleive I have all the parts nessessary to do it, I am looking for a 600 or700cc sled to trade for it or $2300.00

Ive got an immaculate 96 800, hydr brake, stingers, and getting a 05 proactive skid
a 94 750- clutched, 136 proaction, 09 yammie skis
and going to pick up a 92 this weekend- ported, piped, m10
love them. but not their suspensions... may be selling that m10 later

Last edited:
Rustman said:
yes they have the pro-action rear suspension and hydraulic brakes as well.

I had a 95, 96 and 97 (still run a highly modded 96) and non mechanical differences were the 97 had the added vent in the hood for the brake assy and the rear of the seat was cut different.

Last edited:

Back