03 Viper Mt with SLP pipes

RX-1ND

I have a 03 viper mt and I just purchased a set of SLP pipes. What is a good clutch combonation for 1,000 to 5,000 and also 6,000 to 10,000. The reason I ask for the two elevations is I live in North Dakota and also ride in the mountains. I would like to use yamaha clutching, but would like any advice that anyone has. It would be great to have a baseline on a clutching setup for going from 120hp to 140hp.

SLP's clutching chart for Mountain Viper's is very close, you may have to go up or down a gram or so, for your specific area. Clutch it to run 8700-8900 range. Power usually starts to fall off around 9000.

SLP does have their tuning specs on line at www.startinglineproducts.com, which is kinda cool!

I too have a modded 03 mtn viper with slps...I have it clutched so I merely change out the primary spring from y/w/y---gr/wh/gr for the upper elev. I run a Bender red/ yellow sec spring with a 5147 helix, and with a 156' track can hold 52+ mph ind the hils ;)!

Thanks guys, that is exactly what I was looking for. I order the pipes from my local dealer and the instructions probably come with them. I just didn't want to wait until they were here and then I would have been scrambling trying to find out information.

Thanks,
Chris

the key to this setup is the sec. spring..to hold the shift properly been there done that :yam:

I have installed the pipes and this thing rips. Now I would like to see if anyone would like to give there clutch setup for 8,000 - 10,000. The setup recomendation from slp worked alright for the 1,500 elevation I'm at now but when I head to the higher elevation I would like to have her right on the money. Anything you guys have for setups will be greatly appreciated.

You are going to have to go less weight and or more spring in the primary. what spring are you using??? ;)!

Currenlty I'm running what slp recommened for 0-3,000ft.
8dn10 - 13.3 steel inner hole, 13.9 outer hole
Primary - Grn-Wht-Grn(stock)
45 degree helix(stock)
secondary spring - Green(stock)

I will be heading to an elevation of 8,000 to 10,000. Slp does give a recommendation for that elevation but would like to get your guys input on any setups that will work well.

Thanks Guys

Dump the sec spring and get the bender red/yellow and you still could pull more helix

Back