Close Race??

Constip8r

Lifetime VIP Member
Hey everyone, i have a friend of mine that has a 2000 polaris xc 600. he claims that he can destroy me and my 01 SRX 700. I have put in numerous hours of reading on this site, and i just cant see that happening. we are both stock (at least he claims to be) and studded. am i getting too cocky or is he unaware of the performance SRX's are known for?

two of my friends have srx's that are clutched and geared and they dont lose very often if ever they just run cocky people on lakes! allot of sad big cc owners lol!

when i said stock i ment stock. its the first year i have had this machine so my plans are to just run it stock clutches and stuff for this year

its completely fine to keep it stock... your best bet though is to go through the tech pages, clean the carbs and powervalves, if ya have time go through the rear skid quick, more or less a good pre season checkover to make sure everythings up to snuff... then go out by yourself before you race and make sure your hitting the proper rpm with the clutching setup your running before you race him... just MO, besides if ya just bought it it wouldnt hurt to go over it quick :)

before i went blue, i had a 2000 xc 600 with valves, all stock , just about everyone i ride with has yamaha's , they where shocked just how fast that xc was, i could take srx and viper to 70 and got better gas milage

My wife has an 02' Polaris XC600 and it is stock but well tuned and my 01' SRX700 is stock but well tuned...carbs synced, powervalves cleaned and adjusted to 2mm, clutches cleaned and maintained but stock and it kicks her sled's a$$!!! There is no reason for a 140hp SRX to get smoked by a 125 hp 600...I own both and you are going to smoke the XC600, if not you know your sled needs carbs synced and powervalves synced or clutches cleaned.

600 ves is 118hp. yeah, those 600 are fast in the gen2 chassis, they make quite a few people go wtf. but they don't hold a candle to the srx. the 98 600's with the 720 cyl big blocks were actually polaris's fastest 600's those can fly. but you should not have a problem what so ever

all right cool!! i thought he was getting a little to cocky :D. The way i saw it was if the 01 SRX was the fastest production sled of the year and set the record at haydays, it should beat a 2000 sled

i have a 98 XC 600 thats my wifes sled and my SRX will hand that polaris its back side any day of the week, no contest. both stock with studs BTW. my SRX has yet to be beat by any sled with less than 800 cc's

hahaha allright!!! now i got some more confidence when the time comes!! thanks for the ego boosters guys, in like i week i will post what happened and what he has to say about losing :D

How far are you racing? ice or snow? Ihave both sleds, if race is short, you better make sure you hook up cause the xc's are a rocket out of the hole.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
WE CRUSHED AFEW 600 XC ,s WITH THE 600 SRX WE BEEN RUNNING, NO CONTEST WITH A 01. 3:16 (yammie tony)

ya but that 600 will beat up on alllllllllllllllllllllllottttt of bad to fair running 700 srx's trail format , my fat *** ran 118.3 flat out on whitewater lake with a 99 xc 600 stock form , verrrrrrrrrrrry well tuned .

to many people line up without testing , not a fair shake to mfg. IMO

it would be ice. normally the bar by where i live plows a drag strip on the ice. i dont really no how much distance it is. i would guess somewhere between 1500 to 2000 ft i think?

if you guys got 2000' to work with and your both stock, studded, and tuned up he may aswell leave his on the truck. good luck

yea, im aware that SRX's arent the best out of the hole, but i know that they do make up for it mid, and top end. so like i said we will just have to see! my SRX hasnt broke 2000 miles yet, so i would think she is still somewhat fresh.

Back