Close Race??

harness racer said:
ya but that 600 will beat up on alllllllllllllllllllllllottttt of bad to fair running 700 srx's trail format , my fat *** ran 118.3 flat out on whitewater lake with a 99 xc 600 stock form , verrrrrrrrrrrry well tuned .

to many people line up without testing , not a fair shake to mfg. IMO

Those SRX'x must have pulled through PV's or something because yes for a 600 they are quick but there is no comparing them to a SRX700 in a drag race. Go Race and report back...thats the only way...Just race.

Money where your mouth is!!!!!!

thats the way I was raised....

I dont gamble.... and seldom do I race.... LOL

never the less.... I would put my money on the SRX aaalllllllllll day long!!!!!!!

If this is any consolation back in 2001 my brother in law bought a brand new red XC 600 Edge. I had just bought my 2001 SXR700 which I only had one year...(great sled) Anyways we were having Xmas dinner at my folks house and he would not quit ribbing me. He was frothing at the mouth he wanted to race me so bad. Both of our sleds were only on the 2nd gas tank of fuel so they were fresh and bone stock. Apparently his dealer had a bone on for us (Yamaha folk) and told him the XC would take my new sled no problem. We went out after dinner to our hayfield (with good snow)a flag man and ran about 5 runs. Same result every time. We'd start out close for about 300 feet then my 700 would pull him about 3 lengths. Boy was I relieved.

Yamaha never claimed that the 2001 had more poop but that was the only year it had the 300 watt magneto similar to the SRX 700 and we had a '98 700 in the shed too........that 2001 was much stronger. Later that winter I raced a blue 2000 SXR700 and dusted that too. Now in no way was my 2001 SXR as strong as a 2001 SRX700............no way no how.

i love reading about people putting trash talkers in their place. hopefully i can do the same in about a week. all that i can do is wait.

FOR SOME REASON YOU LOOSE HERE, IT WILL GIVE YA A VERY INPORTANT LESSON HOW '' SET-UP '' IS THE KEY. A SLED WITH LESS HP CAN EASILY BEAT A SLED WITH ALOT OF HP IF ITS SET-UP BETTER. 3:16 (yammie tony)

If your going 1500 2000 feet and your sled is right. You should kill him! My 01 srx was a rocket. Beat xcr 800s Buddies brand new rev800r. Would run side by side with mach z 800 till about 100 then they would crawl past me. I did spend some time getting it hook. But when i got to thing was bad fast.

canfieldcoll said:
If your going 1500 2000 feet and your sled is right. You should kill him! My 01 srx was a rocket. Beat xcr 800s Buddies brand new rev800r. Would run side by side with mach z 800 till about 100 then they would crawl past me. I did spend some time getting it hook. But when i got to thing was bad fast.

was your clutching stock? musta been a close race with the xcr....

I rarely wade into these speculative races as it depends so much on set up, traction, and questionable definititions of what stock is.
I have beat our Improved stock 700 SX in 660' down our driveway with our Improved stock 81 SRX[once]...sometimes you have to pick your day and traction conditions for your advantage.
Its always easy for the trash talkers, they rarely race and you never see them at orginized racing events. It takes back bone to put it on the line with an audiance as the bullsh#$ stops when the flag drops!

"If you're not racing...you're not learning!"

and

"The best mathemtician wins!"

LOL!...You can quote me on those!

Bob

sideshowBob said:
I rarely wade into these speculative races as it depends so much on set up, traction, and questionable definititions of what stock is.
I have beat our Improved stock 700 SX in 660' down our driveway with our Improved stock 81 SRX[once]...sometimes you have to pick your day and traction conditions for your advantage.
Its always easy for the trash talkers, they rarely race and you never see them at orginized racing events. It takes back bone to put it on the line with an audiance as the bullsh#$ stops when the flag drops!

"If you're not racing...you're not learning!"

and

"The best mathemtician wins!"
OL!...You can quote me on those!

Bob
THIS IS BY FARR BEST POST EVER ON THIS SITE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
THIS IS BY FARR BEST POST EVER ON THIS SITE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I agree...

It takes courage to go racing with self build and tuned sled. I got butterflies in stomach every time at start line, it dont matter is it drag or enduro race. And you learn especially when you lose....:o|

well last night and today we got like 5 inches of snow!!!!1 so i told my buddy with the xc 600 if he wanted to go riding around. he acsepted. so while we were out there the drag strip out on the lake was marked and i challenged him. and i blew him out of the water :D :2strokes:

yea im kinda new to this whole snowmobiling thing so i kinda figured i would have win yammiegod, just wanted to tell people what happened! now i have beat a total of 2 snowmobiles :D

Shouldnt be much this side of an F-7 or an xcr 800 you have to worry about with an SRX. Certainly nothing in the 600cc range. My old 98 700 spanked two 600 dragons last year by a much larger margin than I anticipated.

Back