88 Exciter mod

88exciter570

My 1988 Exciter 570, 136" track with 1.25 inch lugs, 95 Polaris skid, piped, Comet 108EXP clutch, soon to have new seat cover and taller handle bars. Made drop brackets so the rear is lifted 4" higher, 6 hours into it now, just need to move the one rear heat exchanger to the very back of the tunnel, then put longer cooler lines too it.

from this

P1091071.jpg

P1091072.jpg

to this

almostdone.jpg

Last edited:

If sled parts were cheap around here id love to do the same to my exciter, seems like it would be an awesome setup and would fetch some looks.

I paid $50 for the rear suspension and $100 for the track. Cheap mods lol, plus i made my own drop brackets too

Sweet! I´m doing the same thing to my -89:) Nice with others who put some effort to mod these old classics!

Stephfg said:
I'm curious: what happened to the seat? Why isn't the lettering the way it should be?

lol its quite funny, the wood underneath rotted, thus letting that vinyl thats was not stapled down rise up and the rest was under tension, putting a wave into the vinyl. I have a new seat cover coming in the mail

and thanks prankster, its the newest sled I own, and only what I could afford, if you can't buy a new mountain sled, make one!

just gotta figure out how to hide the coolant hoses, was thinking of taking an old gas can and cutting the bottom out, then it would look like I just have some spare fuel hahahaha, what do you guys figure

prankster, is that a PSI pipe I see, looks like the same as mine, would love to see more pics of your sled

Yes, it´s a psi pipe, works really great! I will put up more pics in a couple of days. Have u got any jetting instructions for psi?

no i don't, have just bin playing by sight, checking plugs, i have 310 main jets in it, and have fiddled a bit with the e-clip on the main needle, runs great so far, i also removed the oil injection on the replacement engine as I did not want to risk blowing an engine I just bought.

Back