Oil consumption?

You should be using about 1 quart per tank of fuel

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

You should be using about 1 quart per tank of fuel

Holy shit! How come my consumption is so minimal then? At one point I monitored and used 15L of fuel in 75 kms. At that rate it's 225 kms/tank. So I used less than half of what I should have? I assume to a certain extent it depends how you ride though. I should be looking at oil-fuel ratios used i guess correct?

Holy shit! How come my consumption is so minimal then? At one point I monitored and used 15L of fuel in 75 kms. At that rate it's 225 kms/tank. So I used less than half of what I should have? I assume to a certain extent it depends how you ride though. I should be looking at oil-fuel ratios used i guess correct?
uploadfromtaptalk1454975838350.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454975848667.png

You'll find the adjuster on your oil cable about a third of the way down from the bars. Put your hands on either side and pull apart. Need to know your gap shown in the picture.

Don't measure between the nuts. Measure the gap where the cable is. In the figure I posted above it says "measure this gap here"

Thanks buddy. The link I posted a guy states than when raping his sled the oil consumption goes through the roof. And that easy trail riding consumption is minimal. I'm near on the same consumption as him. I've been taking it easy on it

Ya it will definitely be alot easier on oil if your really easy on it.

Measure your oil consumption based on fuel/oil used, NOT km's driven. 100 km's trail riding (1/4 throttle) is not the same as 180 kph+ wide open on the lake!

Measure your oil consumption based on fuel/oil used, NOT km's driven. 100 km's trail riding (1/4 throttle) is not the same as 180 kph+ wide open on the lake!

Yes this is what I will do from now on. But then again. Different throttle is different amounts of oil right? So even though I burn x amount of fuel I may burn more or less oil depending correct? Or am I wrong? I should always burn a certain ratio? What is this ratio that I am after?

Yes this is what I will do from now on. But then again. Different throttle is different amounts of oil right? So even though I burn x amount of fuel I may burn more or less oil depending correct? Or am I wrong? I should always burn a certain ratio? What is this ratio that I am after?
Different throttle will change the oil usage but it also changes the amount of fuel you use. I didn't measure but I put 275 miles on this weekend and maybe used about 2 quarts give or take. That was average speeds with the occasional short burst of wot.

Back