Oil consumption?

Different throttle will change the oil usage but it also changes the amount of fuel you use. I didn't measure but I put 275 miles on this weekend and maybe used about 2 quarts give or take. That was average speeds with the occasional short burst of wot.

Wow! Average speed like how much? I did 500kms on 800 ml oil but that was an average of 35-40km/h. Bush trail riding not old train tracks etc with long straight always you can get speed on. Straight up bush lots of slowing down turning braking etc

I am going to say we probably averaged about 40 mph or so. If you are going that slow you probably was getting pretty good fuel mileage. I will say I was probably at less than 2 quarts for that trip. Just looked at my oil tank and it is just now down to where the tank gets bigger.

Make sure the cable is still swinging the oil pump arm. Other than that a line may be plugged or the fuel pump plugged. Usually an air pocket will work itself out, but check for that too. If the pump fails it usually goes full open, but I would replace that as a last resort (known good one). It is a "fun" job too.

^^Good point^^ The bracket that holds the cable on the oil pump was broke on my viper when I got it.

Sounds good guys definately good things to check. I have basically 22mm oil pump cable adjustment right now. I read a thread where Daman responded with 20mm is richer and 22mm is leaner. I assume he means that 22mm is less oil and 20 would be more oil?

Any harm in going a bit rich on the oil? Obviously don't want to foul up the plugs to the point where the thing doesn't run right but I think I'm correct that plugs are cheaper than a motor build lol! Thanks for all the help guys!

Back