Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SXVenom Build - Running Log

Senior Member Open Mod roudyroy1's Avatar

Not ideal but you could always bend it back as it seems like a slight bend. thats what i did to my sxr when i could not find a new silver one. bent it back 3 years ago and its still fine.
    a wise man from canada once told me
    "there are only 2 types of sleds. 2 STROKES and 4 JOKES" !!!

A block of wood and a big hammer. Give it a couple whacks and it will probably straighten out pretty well. Did that to mine as a temporary fix and still running it that way.

Haven't been working on this, seems like I've been putting the project on the back burner for almost 2 years . Currently have everything to rebuild front and rear suspension, while converting rear shock and side arms to bearings and add 4th wheel kit. I've had the Viper shocks sent out to Hygear for a rebuild and revalve. Both fronts and the skid rear shock needed new shafts. Anything else needed replacing was and they put their "performance trail" valving setup. I had the front springs powdercoated white. All spring preloads set to nominal. These will not go on until I take everything else apart and do it all at once.

The preload adjustment on the steelies is so much easier, fighting with the spanner wrenches is a pain .
    20190107_115131.jpg20190205_191028.jpg20190205_191148.jpg20190205_191117.jpg

Right now the sled is ready for this year. Cleaned carbs and greased zerks. Looking forward to finally tearing the whole thing apart come spring. Hopefully will get to go on a few trips before then.

Have been thinking about getting a multi-angle helix for it, re-reading Aaen's clutch book again and I notice they have teflon coated helixes. Not sure if I want to go that direction or just leave it stock 47 straight. Was thinking their teflon coated 52/45 (or Yamaha oem 51/43) with new slider buttons and see how it works? Whole clutch setup is stock, but secondary is wrapped at 80 instead of 70, accident on my part.

Also might need more shims for the back of the secondary, belt is in spec for width but sits slightly below sheaves, already 1 shim on each of the 3 bolts. Slight hesitation just running on the stand because of it I can feel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123