Thread: Viper spindles on sxr

Default Viper spindles on sxr

Put tuner skies on 2001 sxr. Want to correct front end ride height. Heard you could go to viper spindles. Do you need to change the trailing arms or can you add a spacer below the stock sxr training arm and keep the stock trailing arms? Is the difference between the viper and sxr spindles only the length and steering arms? Same diameter? Are there other spindles that will work?

Viper spindles are the same but longer/taller. They would probably work with stock trailing arms and spacers. I chose to use the viper trailing arms on mine. I put the stock '01 sxr trailing arm decals on them and it looks totally stock. You do have to use the viper steering arms
    Last edited by s10mike; 11-24-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: missing info

Mike, I thought XTC, SXR, Viper all had the same length spindles, except for the viper having different splines at the top?
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes, Loaded 8DN20's, Hauck Y 51/45

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

Hey Jason, the Viper spindles are 1.5" taller than my sxr spindles are. Mr Sled recommend putting a spacer in there, but I went with '03 viper trailing arms instead. Going for the stock look