04 Viper S tunnel Vibration

hessracing

I got some vibration going on I'm not sure if I'm being over paranoid or if its normal i just lost my drive shaft bearing in my SRX so its making me nervous. It seems like it only happens at high speeds under a hard load like 70mph up. I put a different track on it last year it was a brand new take off of a Polaris has every 3rd window closed I don't know if that would have anything to do with it? It has a new bearing as well i tightened the chain in the chain case a little bit tighter that seemed to help a little bit I might try and tighten the track a little tighter too to see if that helps its only a 7/8" lug track any ideas?

Belt? Clips hitting rail ends? Track too tight will make clips hitting rail ends vibrate worse? Correct pitch on new track? What kind of track was that? does it have the silent bumps?

The belt is brand new , and the pitch is correct. It is smooth as it can be until you really get a load on it and your going 70mph + I have it melting off in the garage. I think if anything the track should be tighter. I pulled my can and adjusted my chain case tension to finger tight so I know that is good I put new slides on it when changed the track just kind of weird when I pick up the back end the track does not sag I can pull it down slightly I think the manual calls for 1 1/2 " gap with 10# of pressure however the hell ya figure that out?? I will run it again here with these adjustments and see how she goes I will check to make sure the clips are not hitting the rail caps too!

If you have no sag when lifting track way too tight. I wouldn’t tighten anymore but just my opinion. Manual is 22lbs hanging in center of track with a .98-1.18 sag at middle of rail. Ive always ran every viper I’ve had at 1” sag, no weight at center of rail. Too tight of track is hard on drive, bearings, boggies, slides ect. A perfect set up is to loosen track till you wratchet the tighten till you don’t. Your vibration could be a lot of things but track tension is not one of them.

Back