2001 SXR 700 power inc end dump setup

Brdmh44

Hi all,

New member here.

Just bought an 01 SXR 700 and it's a hot mess to say the least. It's ugly but full of goodies.

Someone has already installed power inc end dumps, reed spacers and head gasket mod.

I want to open up the carbs and check things through, make sure jets and needle positions are in the correct spot. After searching and finding countless old threads this is the only one that stood out: https://totallyamaha.net/showthread.php/84524-Power-Inc-here-we-go!!?highlight=Power+end+dumps

"1st:
146.3 mains across
raise needles on mag and center 1/2 clip
possibly 47.5 pilots (he said some sleds need them some dont???)

2nd:
147.5 mains
50 pilots
raise all needles 1/2 clip

3rd:
147.5 mains
47.5 pilots

As for clutching 89L weights with 2.4g rivet with stock or ysy spring. And either 51/43 or 52/44 with green at 70 for secondary."

What's the best starting point?

I ride in northern Wisconsin and the U.P. so below 3k feet, between 0-30*F dependent on the weekend.

We're blessed with 93 octane ethanol free up there so quality fuel isn't a concern.

Thanks!

Hi all,

New member here.

Just bought an 01 SXR 700 and it's a hot mess to say the least. It's ugly but full of goodies.

Someone has already installed power inc end dumps, reed spacers and head gasket mod.

I want to open up the carbs and check things through, make sure jets and needle positions are in the correct spot. After searching and finding countless old threads this is the only one that stood out: https://totallyamaha.net/showthread.php/84524-Power-Inc-here-we-go!!?highlight=Power+end+dumps

"1st:
146.3 mains across

2nd:
147.5 mains
50 pilots

3rd:
147.5 mains
47.5 pilots

As for clutching 89L weights with 2.4g rivet with stock or ysy spring. And either 51/43 or 52/44 with green at 70 for secondary."

I ride in northern Wisconsin and the U.P. so below 3k feet, between 0-30*F dependent on the weekend.

We're blessed with 93 octane ethanol free up there so quality fuel isn't a concern.

Thanks!
Those specs will get u were u need to be, I would start with the 147.5 mains then go from there, if it runs good and isnt pig rich I'd keep it. I believe Turks setup for those pipes he calls for 145s so may want to keep that in mind. I know there is the actual power inc tuning sheet floating around in the archives here. The setup sheet in tech section is for the center dumps tho. That jetting will indeed be far too lean. Center dumps are 143.8 145 145. Your pipes are the richer pipes

Which setup would you suggest? 1,2 or 3?

Hopefully Turk will chime in. I found a lot of old posts where people tagged links, sadly they just take you back to the main forum page:o|

Which setup would you suggest? 1,2 or 3?

Hopefully Turk will chime in. I found a lot of old posts where people tagged links, sadly they just take you back to the main forum page:o|

Unfortunately Turk passed away a number of years ago.

Go with the setup sheet Ultimax provided but use 147.5 mains to be safe. The difference in performance will be immeasurable on the larger safer jets.

Hi all,

New member here.

"1st:
146.3 mains across

2nd:
147.5 mains
50 pilots

3rd:
147.5 mains
47.5 pilots

Thanks!

I wouldn't be concerned with raising the needle a half a clip or whatever unless the needle jets are new. They will have plenty of wear, so the midrange should be safely rich.

Back