Power Inc, here we go!!

yammieguy

Guys got an 01 700 sxr new to me and have acquired a set of end dumps. I am looking for some feedback on the setup. First is the jetting, I am thinking of going 150 across the board, 52.5 pilots, raising needles one clip and adding one turn to the air screw. I have done alot of searching but wpuld love to hear what guys are currently running and the level of success from these setups!

I am doing the same thing today with those pipes. I'm am going to try 147.5 mains, 50 pilots, raise needles 1/2 a clip. I found three jetting setups from turk and this is the one with the richest specs so I am starting with that. Ill probably turn out the fuel screws a 1/4 turn as well and fine tune from there. I wouldnt touch the airbox. Theres no snow here so I wont be able to run it though which sucks.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time looking for them so it wouldn't be easy to find the again, luckily I wrote them all down. They are as follows.

1st:
146.3 mains across
raise needles on mag and center 1/2 clip
possibly 47.5 pilots (he said some sleds need them some dont???)

2nd:
147.5 mains
50 pilots
raise all needles 1/2 clip

3rd:
147.5 mains
47.5 pilots
raise all needles 1/2 clip

As for clutching 89L weights with 2.4g rivet with stock or ysy spring. And either 51/43 or 52/44 with green at 70 for secondary.

I have decided on the 52.5 pilots because someone here had reported idle hang with 50's also I am going with 150 mains because of today's fuel and I am in Canada. When were these setups posted? Alot has changed in fuel quality in the last few years

Yes they were old post I found on this site through google. Did you get your pilots with a yamaha part number or through a mikuni catalog? I got my 50's today and there the correct shape it just that the bottom piece that has the holes in the side is huge in circumference and wont even screw in all the way.

The ones I have are Mikuni part # N224.103-50 and they don't work. Do you have the part number for the ones you have? My buddy at the dealer doesn't even know which ones to get.

Nope I know that, I was looking for the Mikuni part number for the equivalent of yamaha's part number for a 50 pilot. I posted in the tech section and someone said it was Vm28/486-50. That's all i needed to know.

I was kinda thinkin that Power in reccomended 145's accross the boars for mains? 147.5 and 150's would be way too rich!?

yammieguy said:
I have decided on the 52.5 pilots because someone here had reported idle hang with 50's also I am going with 150 mains because of today's fuel and I am in Canada. When were these setups posted? Alot has changed in fuel quality in the last few years
when you pipe a sled like that you will never get rid of the idle hang ,its because of the reassonance of the pipe! 50 pilots are plenty ,then you adjust the fuel screws ....the bigger the pilots, the less turns on the fuel screws! make sense?

the only reason u have hang up and it only happens when u run piped sleds compared to stock pipes these pipes make like 25 hp over stock so they need the fuel 50 piolt minumum 52.5 half better 55 is what i use on my red head it had 47.5 piolt and feel flat on its face when u punched the trotle wide open u allso should leave the air box stock and run holtzman temp compensator in the air box never have to jet again and no burn downs 143.5 jetting on these pipes is safe for -25 below zero . put a boost bottle on these red heads and do the peakperformance head and u have a 800 killer .

How are you guys mounting the springs for these pipes. I couldn't get the MAG pipe to suck up into the grove on the CENTER pipe near the end of the pipes. It just hangs there and the only way I could get it to suck up to it was to put a flange spring on the circle holes on the corner brace of the MAG and CENTER pipes. I know that isn't right though. Here's how I have it now.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

SRXMAN72
Make sure the foward facing Stinger isnt rubbing on the bottom of the pipe for the center cylinder, or you'll have a hole in the pipe and a melted down piston. (pretty common)
Looks pretty close to me..

Another issue: the stingers never seem to want to sit down in the belly pan hole.. always wanting to come up and out of it.

Last edited:
Where to put springs isnt such a problem with the Power inc trail can.

Attachments

• DSC00570.JPG
    DSC00570.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00571.JPG
    DSC00571.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Back