'03 Viper Wheelchair Rack

I am glad to see that you can still enjoy the sport you love. I tip my hat to you and hope you have a safe riding season and many many more to come. The mod work is awesome... Go with the flow in the snow... Happy Trails..

JD, Sled setup looks good. If you need a hand I am just down the road. I live in Point, but work in Plover. I know right where you are at. I have met you before, when your chair got stolen. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to ride or need a hand.

Justin

meat12 said:
JD, Sled setup looks good. If you need a hand I am just down the road. I live in Point, but work in Plover. I know right where you are at. I have met you before, when your chair got stolen. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to ride or need a hand.

Justin

Who in the hell would be assinine enough to steal a wheelchair ???

Some stupid lady. When she got caught she said that she was going to turn it in, but didnt know where, bla bla bla. You would be suprised how stupid and ignorant people are out there.

Meat

pipdviper said:
Who in the hell would be assinine enough to steal a wheelchair ???

I take it out of my truck when I go through the carwash. I leave it right by the entrance so normally I can see it. That day I couldn't. Came out and it was gone. Thought one of my buddys was being a smart a$s.
She said no one was in the carwash and thought it was just "dumped" there. Yeah people just leave $4000 wheelchairs sitting around. Took about 4 days but it was on the news, radio, and the papers. The AP got ahold of it and that when she decided to turn it in.
She didnt have the guts to bring it so she sent her dad. Now for the funny part:
He says to me, "you should maybe put your name on it somewhere so next time people will know who's it is"
I said, "Aaaaa... im normally in it!"

I wanted to say, "next time your daughter should have some dam brains between her ears."

Oh well. All's well that ends well I guess...

JDViper I admire you for what you have done.It really shows you love and devotion for the sport.I rode with a guy that has one arm and couldn't believe how well he could handle the sled.

That is awesome JD! you are proof for anyone that where there is a will there is a way! You are an inspiration for all of us to look up too!
See you on the trail!

Thats sweeeeeet!!! I have a friend with a collapsable and uses a pintel style mount for it....... but being able to take a Mag/Titanium chair with you is awesome!!!

You should get a manual EZ Lock base and mount it up!!! wouldn't have the pressure you do in a car, so no worries of cracking your frame!!!

I'm with everyone else ;)! ;)! ;)! nice design and fabrication!!!!

Made some summer changes. Reworked the chair rack. I made it out of steel and powder coated it. Built it with a hitch for future options. I also added an 07 snow flap and an additional LED tail light. added powermadds with flares (trimmed the windy so they would fit), painted the windy black, powder coated the bumper added some presision skis. The hood paint should be done in a week or two. still looking for some red headlight covers and some red loops for the skidont skis...

[url="http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/jmd8203/03%20Viper/?action=view&current=0821111853.jpg"][/url]

Thanks guys. Well i took 2 more pics to show it a little better. There is a bunch of other crap on there because of the chair and the hitch but you can get the idea. i just welded a plate to the w/c rack. the wire then goes thru the snow flap and runs in the air void that the flap creates to the edge of the tunnel. then thru the end cap and comes out by the crossover tube and down under the plastic cover and thru the rolled end of the running board. i spliced into the light wires at the front of the gas tank. it went fairly easy. hood paint will be back this week sometime. THAT is going to be something to see... stay tuned. ;)!

Welp, got the hood back this evening. For me, couldnt be any better. I love the look. Not too much, just right for me! The picture sucks so I'll try some in the light tomorrow. Almost there!!! My list is getting shorter...

Last edited:
Decided to bring her back to life today. Going to be taking it with me to the Wausau swap meet in 2 weeks and need to drive it on the trailer so I figured I'd start her up. Fogging oil sure makes a mess in the fall...

IMAG0165.jpg

Back