'03 Viper Wheelchair Rack

well thats too bad. on the up side, should be even more fun when you get it back. gotta ask, whats the long story. hell, I got time ;)

I have a chair rack on the back so no rear exchanger. Strike one...
I have scratchers that do a GREAT job on the trail. But they dont do anything on fresh powder out on the lake. So they were burried and not kicking anything up. Running board exchangers had no snow. Strike two...
Driving at a constant 20-30 MPH was not enough to throw snow hard enough at the front exchanger and keep it cool. Strike 3...
And as if i needed a strike 4, i was too busy looking at cabins and houses along the shore to see the temp light come on. There may have been other issues like coolant leak, but i dont think so. It was full when we left for the trip. Either way, it got HOT! So off to Don it went.

damn, that all does add up to a faster viper (in the long run of course!) good luck with a speedy fix!

Hey Jason, what about if you move 2 bolts by the tie down eyelet, then pop rivet the brace with 2 rivets from the underside thru the steel brace. This would let you install the srx rear exchanger and still maintain the wh/chair brace, just a thought to help you remove one of those "strikes" from your score...lol

I used your pic for the idea.

Attachments

• 0821111853a.jpg
    0821111853a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 9
Yup. After looking at it this weekend that is exactly what i was going to do. I have one already so it will be my project this spring. Definately needed... it will also be nice because that tunnel builds up a TON of snow and ice back there. There is also some tail light wiring i need to relocate but that is minor...

The 10 year old girl is getting a Mrviper trail ported motor tonight. Hope to get it in and ready for an early morning / all day ride tomorrow. Might be my last chance. Should be interesting... I'll try and get some pics up. I did a little "dressing up" as long as i was pulling it out. :)

HPIM2582_zps0c8b4acb.jpg

Ran great. Did 3 heat cycles on it and took it for a ride. Very strong!

This may be a question I should do a search on (or ask Don) but it has a flat spot at about 5000 RPMs. Is that normal? I know a stock viper has it but hardly noticable. Not sure if there is anything I could do to help that. It is easy to feel in the corners when you easy back on the throttle. It climbs to 4900 and kinda "struggles" 'til 5200 and then takes off...

Love it though!

I am seriously considering doing this when I get mine back together. so it pulls a lot better huh? only thing that holds me back is that I am SUCH a fan of pull and go. did that on my viper for 9k miles. afraid I would be constantly nervous about it. probably no reason to be, just am. looks good!

Its just a trail port so its still pull and go (after it warms up). Im pretty sure that the motor is just as strong in the long run. Its all the same parts. It just let is breathe easier.

Added a rear cooler out of an SXr. I had the ends cut off and re welded on at a different angle so i could mount it on the top of the tunnel like mrviper stated above.

re-riveted it and put new hoses on for good measure. It keeps it nice and thawed out back there now.

I also added a new temp gauge. I wired it in to the brown wire coming off of the key switch. This wire has power when the key is on only!

There are more pics if you click on the one here. This is rough'd up and this is painted and installed...

Jason, I just looked thru all your pics in your album, you should add a bunch of those to your build journal. I must say you have done a very nice job on that sled, looks great. I love the way you mounted the water temp guage, I might have to copy that from you and put one on old Darth Viper, super clean install!

Very nice job!!!!

Or should I say, "impressive.....most impressive..............

Back