Change your sparkplug caps.

motorhead327

VIP Member
If you are any of these people having idle problems,fouling plugs, etc,etc. Change your sparkplug caps. I called the last owner of my srx (bought from a middleman) to get some history, and was told to buy handfull of plugs. Well it happened. Fouled plugs after only 10 min. I replaced all the caps with nice new ngk caps and WOW what a world of difference. SOB runs like a raped ape. Can now hold an idle all day long!!

very tough to get on the wire though hey, I used some dielectric grease to get it to spin on easier, my caps were factory and were very worn out with a lot of arc erosion inside the cap.

I went to my local parts pusher to buy LB05EM(A) caps. He did not have those in stock however he had TB05EMA and was quite certain that they would work just fine.

As far as i understand the only difference between TB05EMA and LB05EMA is that they have different shapes. Will TB05EMA work?

motorhead327 said:
If you are any of these people having idle problems,fouling plugs, etc,etc. Change your sparkplug caps. I called the last owner of my srx (bought from a middleman) to get some history, and was told to buy handfull of plugs. Well it happened. Fouled plugs after only 10 min. I replaced all the caps with nice new ngk caps and WOW what a world of difference. SOB runs like a raped ape. Can now hold an idle all day long!!

And no one believes me when I tell them that spark plug boots could be a problem lol

SRXSRULE2 said:
And no one believes me when I tell them that spark plug boots could be a problem lol

Got a buddy that does a lot of sled work(marine mech and licensed auto-tech)in the winter and he had so much trouble with plug caps over the years that he now just goes ahead and replaces them when getting his customers sleds ready for winter.A couple of fouled plugs and you've paid for a cap.

Snowsnake said:
Got a buddy that does a lot of sled work(marine mech and licensed auto-tech)in the winter and he had so much trouble with plug caps over the years that he now just goes ahead and replaces them when getting his customers sleds ready for winter.A couple of fouled plugs and you've paid for a cap.

Yes its true. For the price of them its not worth the headache of fowling plugs.

Mine would foul a plug here and there too..When I put new plug caps on, it hasn't fouled a plug since. Runs way better too! Who would of thought..

Where are you guys buying these NGK plug caps from? I have been looking for the LB05EM and the LB05EMA and can't seem to find either one of them.

antlerking said:
LB05EM Whats the [A] ? Thanks

A=recreational/anti-vibration

I put the TB05EMs on during the summer. I really don't see the need for anything more than that. Fits VERY tight/snug/secure on the plug. I don't think anything else would be needed. It's 'plyable' rubber, not hard plastic like the LB05E.

There is a resistor in the cap that can burn out or degrade. Not only that, but most caps are screw in types where the screw can become corroded, as well as the metal part of the cap that makes contact with the plug.

Anyone know what resistor should be in there to match OEM? 5k? I'm just curious as to if I bought the right kind. I do have fouling issues.

Sorry to jump on this late but what holds the cap onto the spark plug wire? In the diagram it looks as though there is a center pin that pushes into the wire with a feurrel and nut type of deal to hold it on? I'm assuming you can pull the boots and
Ohm them if you are having problems. My sled has 5400 miles and is new to me, thinking about changing them now for good measure having found out about this now.

Back