Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: A couple of bucks snowmobile accident.

Also how is it riding with a vest? Been thinking about getting one for me and the wife. I had a rib injury a couple years ago. Not as bad as yours but still was not fun. I went in to work during a snowstorm and the wind blew away the snow in a spot and it was ice smooth as glass. I slipped and fell with all my weight on top of my thermos right on my ribcage. Never went to the doc but I know I broke ribs in the front and by my spine. Was about 8 months till it healed. That was the Monday before a snowmobile trip. Rough trails on a pro action is not fun. I had to have my cousin start my sled when it was cold. And I got stuck off the trail and could barely climb up the hill to get back on the trail so they could find me. We had to turn the sled around in 3 feet of snow. Hurt like a b!tch. If a vest could help avoid rib injuries in the future it would be well worth it.
    My sleds:
    02 Viper
    M10 suspension

99 SRX 700
    01 Electronics
    136" Mono Shock Suspension
    780 Big Bore

Senior Member Open Mod A couple of bucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drew24 View Post
    Is it marked good now?
    That portion of the trail no longer used because of this.
    Back on post #73, I said something about always thinking about this field/trail whenever I went out to work on my sled. It was almost like I'd "zone out" for a second or two. Like I said before, I was destined to do this.
    Dannyboy

Quote Originally Posted by A couple of bucks View Post
    That portion of the trail no longer used because of this.
    Back on post #73, I said something about always thinking about this field/trail whenever I went out to work on my sled. It was almost like I'd "zone out" for a second or two. Like I said before, I was destined to do this.
    At least some good came out of it. Your accident maybe saved someone else's life. Maybe even whoever would have been leading that night if you weren't since you didn't normally lead. They might have hit it just a little bit different.
    My sleds:
    02 Viper
    M10 suspension

99 SRX 700
    01 Electronics
    136" Mono Shock Suspension
    780 Big Bore

Anniversary of the accident guys. To all new members, please read and heed. Don't make the mistakes I made. It forever changed my life and my family's.
    Dannyboy

Right on! Lets all try and have a safe season. Ive already seen a couple of deaths here in Michigan already.
    2002 Yamaha SXViper - Daughters
    E-start, reverse, extended to 144" with cobra track. Awesome EdgeWrap in purple and pink!!

2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX-SE - Wifes.

2017 Yamaha SRViper LTX-LE - Mine

THE VIPER PIT IS NEVER COMPLETE! Bipolar!!!

Thank you for sharing all this with us!

Quote Originally Posted by A couple of bucks View Post
    Anniversary of the accident guys. To all new members, please read and heed. Don't make the mistakes I made. It forever changed my life and my family's.
    ^^^^What that guy said ^^^^^ Was in the hospital on the 20th of December (accident anniversary) having stitches removed from incisions 7 & 8. It's been 8 years guys and I've had a foot in my coffin and the other on a banana peel ever since.
    New guys ...... read ....... and actual learn from this. What not to do.
    Dannyboy

Senior Member Improved low slung's Avatar

Been wearing a Tekvest since 2010(Sled and Quad),Helmet since 1982.First time i landed on my head was riding a Bravo LT that got stuck in a deep ATV rut,lucky that day i was wearing a cheap skidoo open face lid(And only going 30mph)You get so use to these items ,forgetting them is like not having shoes on your feet when you step out.

Senior Member Improved low slung's Avatar

The best vest is the Freestyle by Tekvest.Expensive but very comfortable.Keeps you core body warm but can be worn in the summer time(Stays pretty cool).Before you buy try one on for size.I wear mine underneath all my gear.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112