A couple of bucks snowmobile accident.

Just so you know.. Mayo is about TWO HOURS away from Minneapolis.. It's in rochester...

nosboy said:
I stay on bandel road in a comfort inn,, but,, it's about 10 miles away.. Right by a DOG PARK so my "guys" can have access... it's one highway and about a mile of "downtown",, but relatively simple to do... Northwest of the mayo.. if you are getting the surgery done at St Mary,s then it's easier,, St Mary's is right off of the highway... It's called Comfort Inn and it's on BANDEL Road... Mayo price is 75.00 a night OR CHEAPER.. Depending how long and what nights... GOOD LUCK with your surgery...
That good to know....thank-you.
Who else knows Rochester, isn't Sledinair from up @ there.

Heading back up to Mayo to be cut open a 6th time. They'll be taking the entire left pectoral mussle, and stuffing it up to my shoulder area. Along w/ tendon harvest from somewhere else on my body. My brain will apparently rewire itself to know that the old pec mussle is now moving the arm. Will be a very mechanical/robotic movement for a couple of years but should smooth out the longer I use the arm. All of the nerves in the upper arm are toast so there is nothing they can do w/ them. This operation will hopefully give me back at least 30% movement of my arm. A third operation on the shoulder will more than likely be needed to achieve additional range of motion.
Lucky for me, this is the only doctor that preforms this operation & happens to be only @ 7 hours away. It's a good thing he's not in Europe somewhere. He started pioneering this procedure a few year ago and has pretty much gotten it down as good as it will get.
We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Bandel last time we were there. Nice clean place w/ shuttle service to Mayo. This time the stay will be longer and am putting the family up at the Best Western. It is only a few blocks away, so they will not have to rely/wait on the shuttle.
Will miss my dogs.

Attachments

• Floooooooooooooooob.jpg
    Floooooooooooooooob.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 120
  • prewashcycle.jpg
    prewashcycle.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Mollys New Hairdo.jpg
    Mollys New Hairdo.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
well good luck with the operation.I can't believe how much damage one can get from nailing a tree...the body is strong and will heal in time,but still got to be tough on you this recovery process...I'll say a prayer for you also..

Thanks guys. Like I said it in a previous post........'Who would've thought that a liesurely ride with my son would have turned into this'.
Does anybody remember who Steve Austin was on a TV show in the late 70s-early 80s. Hint-----Was married to Farrah Fawcett. I still have her poster.

Absolutely! The Six Million Dollar Man! Great show!!That was my favorite show growing up. I was infatuated with Jamie Summers though (The bionic woman). Man....best of luck with the operation and recovery.

What kind of dog is that black little one? Looks like my wifes yorkypoo's. I was so against little dogs as i have 3 big labs but those 2 little dogs are as cool as they get. Run the big dogs around like redheaded step children. LOL! Good luck with everything and keep the faith!

staggs65 said:
how would one type the sound effects when he ran: chinga-chinga-chinga maybe?

I remember the sound of an impact gun his fingers made when removing lug nuts.

Or the time he sliced into his forearm and removed two wires from under the skin to use as a defibulator to jump start someone's heart.

super1c said:
What kind of dog is that black little one?
She is a Shi-poo and extremely smart. I'll swear that she knows the english language. Now if you've had any dealings with Bassetts, you'll know they can be abit stubborn. Walked in the back door of the house and found him doing the pre-wash cycle ON the dishwasher door. It's a miracle the door didn't buckle.

Hey man, I hope everything goes well for you at Mayo! I just read your earlier post, I used to work in Rochester and live about 1/2 hour north of there. But now I live and work in the North Twin-Cities area, about 2 hours from Rochester. I was just down at my mother-in-laws painting the outside of her house, but that's about 1 hour west of there too. Good luck with your continued recovery.

All the best of Luck to you My Friend, Im hoping everything goes smoothly for you you on the Road to Recovery.

sleddineinar said:
Dang, You look cute in that corset!! LOL!! Glad to see you're getting well.
I'm taking Jane Russells place in modeling the latest & greatest girdle. I also call it my 'belly buster'. Middle of summer, a thick piece of plastic aroung my gut.........I sweat ALL THE TIME.

Attachments

• shoulder2.jpg
    shoulder2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 8
  • shoulder1.jpg
    shoulder1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 8
  • shoulder3.jpg
    shoulder3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back