Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: A couple of bucks snowmobile accident.

Quote Originally Posted by A couple of bucks View Post
    It annual speech time to all the new guys. Yesterday was the anniversary date. Everyone who is new this year ....... please read and heed. Don't be a dumb @ss and think your invincible. Like I was.
    By the way ..... I had yet another operation this year because of this accident.
    Have you ever been able to ride since this tragic experience?
    2000 Venture 700

-Head gasket thinned
    -Stainless reed stoppers notched
    -Cobra 1.35 x 136" track
    -Home made transfer rod
    -Boss Seat
    -Apex helix, 8ch weights, +2.8g per tip, wpw spring, 8dn belt, green sec @ 70
    -22-39 gears with reverse
    -Rox 3" risers
    -Plastic skis
    -Drilled can
    -Electric start system and ring gear removed.
    -LED headlight and tale light

Senior Member Open Mod A couple of bucks's Avatar

I was able to get out for a < 10 mile ride. Because my left arm is just simply hanging there, my right arm does double duty. So by the time this 10 mile ride was over, I was winded and absolutely spent.
    Dannyboy

Glad to hear your trying !
    Practice makes perfect!
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes, Loaded 8DN20's, Hauck Y 51/45

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

I'm on the north side of grass at least.
    Dannyboy

Senior Member Stock

Glad to hear you on the right side and glad to see you stay on to give others support. I dont want to say congrats but it was you anniversary yesterday, cheers to that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahakid01 View Post
    Glad to hear you on the right side and glad to see you stay on to give others support. I dont want to say congrats but it was you anniversary yesterday, cheers to that!!!
    I bring this up every year at the anniversary. I'm hoping that by reading what I have gone thru, that it might just possibly save someone else from making an AFU decision. And totally s€rewing up the remainder of their life.
    Dannyboy

WOW, I just read this whole post. You are lucky to have survived, but you know that. My buddy since 1968 and I rode for years. He got it so bad he bought a place right out side of St Germain, Wi. in about 92. We'd ride with the family during the day and then he and I would go out after sun down so we could see lights coming thru the woods. We rode like idiots most of the time. It was a miracle neither one of us were killed or severely hurt. I started having heart problems in 2000, didn't know what it was. I had severe mussel cramps, going down the trail and would have to stop and take a break. Winter of 2000 on the first trip he fell through the ice on one of the flowages, and was very lucky not to lose the sled. On the 2nd or 3rd trip up we were riding one of the trails under the power lines and were running 70+, he was leading and I was bringing up the rear. The 2 guys in the middle lost sight of him and we got to an intersection. He wasn't there. Turned around and drown a couple mile back and found where he had hit a big pine tree, he was very lucky, the branches knocked him off before he hit solid. The sled was junk. I told him after that it was time to slow down. I ended up falling on the ice in the parking lot going to work one morning. Ripped my right ham string from the attachment in the buttox, and screwed up my left knee. Needless to say I couldn't walk so was done for the season. Mid summer the hamstring was still not healing right, the Dr. said it might take a couple years to heal where I could walk without pain. Decided to sell the sleds and the bike, could no longer sit on them. Took 10 years for that damned hamstring to get where there wasn't much pain. We both decided to try it again this year. I bought a Warrior and he bought a Rage. We made 1 trip in Feb and I sold my Warrior the day after we got home. He sold his a couple weeks later. We both agreed that we were too old to handle those big sleds. I now have a 2002 Vmax 600 er and a 2001 SX700R with reverse. He don't have anything yet but may ride one of mine this coming winter.

I have a 99 SX6 136 triple triple and a 96 XT6 144 if he's interested. Both w/ PSI pipes. I'm done.
    https://totallyamaha.net/showthread....artman+psi+cat
    https://totallyamaha.net/showthread....-96-XT6-to-144
    Last edited by A couple of bucks; 05-15-2020 at 06:14 AM.
    Dannyboy

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213