Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vmax-4's vs. SRX ( or ZRT's,Mach's..etc.)

Senior Member Stock

Default Vmax-4's vs. SRX ( or ZRT's,Mach's..etc.)

Had a couple SRX's -98' and a 00' - now looking back, my 98' was the better one of my two SRX's, after the crank was "fixed" under warr. - and had the chance to race a few Vmax-4's in the day with decent results...nothing, and I mean nothing sounds as cool as one of those vmax-4's from a pure sound expirience...

But was ( am still ) curious about the Vmax-4's vs. everything else??? it always seemed like some ran really good, and some were really not that impressive, you could tell which ones had pipes, but i'm talking about mostly stock( always wanted a 95' & still do ) I had a customer a few years back say the fastest stock one he ever had was a 93' (750)he said it kept pulling & pulling out on the lake compaired to his 800's he had.

Anyone ??

Set up,set up,set up,thats all it's about but if your talking stock to stock? it's close,,i never ran my two head to head but from one to the other it's damn close and scary fast for a stock production machine the big max has gobs of low end TQ and long legs.

the big 4 '95 and up has more HP vs a SRX but weighs more so the SRX has the advantage there of being little lighter.

both are outstanding machines for sure and some of Yamaha's finest produced i'm proud to own both.
    Last edited by daman; 01-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    BULLET PROOF;

2001 SXR 700
    2001 Vmax DLX 500
    1994 Phazer II 500

Senior Member Open Mod

THE GREAT YAMAHA DEBATE. I HAVE BOTH AND LOVE BOTH. DAMAN GET THE PRIZE FOR POSTING '' SET-UP SET-UP SET-UP ''. I BELIEVE MY 95 VMAX 4 800 RUNS A BETTER MPH THAN MY SRX, BUT MY SRX RUNS A BETTER E.T.. I WILL SAY THE SRX IS LIGHTER, BUT NOT AS WIDE A MARGIN AS YA THINK. SRX,s WERE HEAVY. THING I LAUGH AT IS GUYS THAT JUMPED ON THE YAMAHA SRX WAGON IN 1998 WOULD NOT GIVE YA .5$ FOR A VMAX 4. I ALSO WANT TO POST THE VMAX 4 HOLDS THE C & H DYNO RECORD AT 560 hp. THERE IS KNOW SNOWMOBILE MOTOR MADE THAT WILL MAKE MORE HP. 3:16 (yammie tony)
    WELCOME TO YAMAHA HEAVEN / WINTER THUNDER/ VMAX4 800 5.91 e.t.
    1995 VMAX 800- FASTEST YAMAHA EVER RUN AT THE AMERICAN SNOWMOBILER MAG SHOOTOUT. 105.16 mph
    2000 SRX 700 (10.458 @ 120.98, 1.39 60. on tar)
    2002 SRX 700 (110 in 1000 f.t. on radar 8bu-10)
    5.74 e.t. 85.15 on grass
    1979 srx 440
    YAMAHA PERFORMANCE SNOWMOBILES
    ''my old dinosaur just ate your new sled for lunch ''

Senior Member Open Mod

Damen and Tony said it all.

Dialed the mighty 4 is deadly. Beatable?? Sure, everything is but they have an advantage over most and if this advantage is exploited they are a VERY!! formatable opponent. If not dialed they are an over weight underpowered pig. Not different from any other slow sled, just a sled that shouldn't be slow.

opsled
    I reserve the right to change my mind if someone can prove to me it needs replacing.

Senior Member Open Mod needaSRX's Avatar

seen a V-max 4 this past weekend at the drags and still moves pretty dam good for it weight issue, beat alot of bigger sleds
    Last edited by needaSRX; 01-28-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    WOW!!!!........Even fast said that was F@*Kin! fast

One day you will see you and your snowmobile flash before your eyes: make sure it's worth watching!
    2000 SRX 700

Unless you're part of the new generation that thinks only new is cool. Then I can't help you. I don't spend money to get looked at. I spend money to put a smile on my own face....

there is no better way to burn gas then on board a vmax-4!

I had 2 VMAX4 800s a 95 + 96...still have the piped, ported, 136" , 2 up seat 96. I weighed my 1995 VMAX 4 on stock car scales when it was still all stock and it was not as heavy as everyone, including me thought it was!
    We had a radar run day, back in the day, when my 95 was out of the crate stock, and the only sled that could match its speed was a stock 98 700 SRX...112mph on hard packed snow on a warm day. There was every brand of 800 - 1000cc sleds out that day but none came close to our speeds.
    The main thing about the mighty MAX is that most of them are all out there today[even the mod ones] still making great power, looking good , not requiring any power valve cleaning ect and all the other Big sleds have disappeared!

JM.02c

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowBob
    I weighed my 1995 VMAX 4 on stock car scales when it was still all stock and it was not as heavy as everyone, including me thought it was!
    Bob recall what that was??
    BULLET PROOF;

2001 SXR 700
    2001 Vmax DLX 500
    1994 Phazer II 500

Quote Originally Posted by daman
    Bob recall what that was??
    I'll go check my notes...

My completely stock 1995 VMAX4 800 weighed 580lbs with antifreeze, full oil but NO fuel. This was done on three digital scales.

Bob

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast