Vmax-4's vs. SRX ( or ZRT's,Mach's..etc.)

600 vmax dyno results via dynotech research, with twin pipes....

Stock Vmax 600: 96.4 hp @ 7750 & 65.8 ft lbs tq @ 7500

Aaen Single: 99.4 hp @ 7500 & 69.6 ft lbs tq @ 7500

Yamaha GYT Single: 97.9 hp @ 8000 & 66.2 ft lbs tq @ 7500

SLP Twins: 108.8 hp @ 7750 & 73.2 ft lbs tq @ 7750

PSI Twins: 107.1 hp @ 8250 & 68.6 ft lbs tq @ 8000

RPC Twins: 106.7 hp @ 8250 & 67.9 ft lbs tq @ 8250

Bender Twins: 108.3 @ 7750 & 73.4 ft lbs tq @ 7750

It should be noted that Dynotech also measured and compared the Bender & SLP twins and they came out with exact same pipe measurements and the results netted dang near the same HP & TQ readings.

Im done fellas, pipes are not my only mod, but am not gonna debate this anymore, forget that I posted here ...

The pipe info is good stuff though, haven't seen that comparison all in one spot before. Only one missing is the Aaen twins.

Last edited:
murder yamaha, it to bad your done leaving us all with the same conclusion that your full of crap. for me its simple. there is noway a 600 xtc can take a srx. i don,t care how lite you say it is and how new the srx was. 3:16x (yammie tony)

murder yamaha, it to bad your done leaving us all with the same conclusion that your full of crap. for me its simple. there is noway a 600 xtc can take a srx. i don,t care how lite you say it is and how new the srx was. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Tony, thanks buddy...your a great guy ...

Ok, so dry weight isn't a good number to use to compare both sleds ?...
Not for real world power to weight calculation. Don't forget, this is your premise here: 2 sleds racing side by side (they obviously have fluids and riders). Then in an effort to save face a day later you use dry weight to show that your sled made better power to weight than an SRX700. Mind you, you admit not even knowing what the numbers are when your sentences start out with "I'm assuming...".

... I don't know wet numbers, but how would have that changed anything ? Pretty sure they have about the same amount of fluid weight.
Re-calculate your numbers by adding some fluid weight and weight for a rider, say 250lbs total, use the same added weight for both sleds. Calculate it using your "I'm assuming..." numbers, and also calculate it using more accurate information from the last few days found in this thread.
That's "how would have that changed anything"!

Mods were in my sig the whole time, some of you guys are not reading all the info here before you post. ...
This has to be one of the most insulting statements that everyone has had to read on this thread.
Here's your sig:

-------------------------
1997 Yamaha XTC 600 - Black
Bender Porting
1 layer head gasket
V-Force 3 Reeds
21 tooth top sprocket
Bender silencer
Aaen twin pipes coming

Let's break this down in 3 simple steps:
1) It is now 2017. The timeframe of your boast is, in your words: "back in the late 90's - early 2000's". Absolutely nobody reading your sig, and your posts in this thread here in 2017, would have any reason to believe that the mods shown today were also on the sled 15-20 years ago!

2) Your sig notes "Aaen twin pipes coming". The obvious conclusion is that the sled does not currently have twin pipes, and there is no common sense reason to think the sled had twin pipes 15-20 years ago. Also, a Bender silencer would not make it "piped", it's probably slowing you down.

3) I don't understand how you expect people to believe you had V-Force 3 reeds installed when you raced against brand new SRX's. V-Force Delta's were around during that timeframe, V-Force 2's came out around 2000. V-Force 3's came later...

Not here to argue, just to learn and get help ...
I'm pretty sure I am trying to help. Really.

he just sent me a pm saying the srx was never a short distance sled and he for sure could take them. now was not the srx unbeatable in 98-02 in 500 f.t. on grass. ? 3:16x (yammie tony)

he just sent me a pm saying the srx was never a short distance sled and he for sure could take them. now was not the srx unbeatable in 98-02 in 500 f.t. on grass. ? 3:16x (yammie tony)
Hmmm, as a matter of fact grass dragin', and dragin' in general, was one of the SRX's strong suits, among many, including winning and placing well in larger cc classes above them.

Not completely impossible if SRX had setup issues . My old Highly modded fan 90 Phazer with tons of setup time would take out (just drove off from the dealership) 650 indys and wildcats though a 1/4 mile regularly. Not top end of course
Setup, setup, setup. I does sound a little like it would be quite a tall order. Maybe just that particular SRX.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This has to be one of the most insulting statements that everyone has had to read on this thread.
Here's your sig:

-------------------------
1997 Yamaha XTC 600 - Black
Bender Porting
1 layer head gasket
V-Force 3 Reeds
21 tooth top sprocket
Bender silencer
Aaen twin pipes coming

Let's break this down in 3 simple steps:
1) It is now 2017. The timeframe of your boast is, in your words: "back in the late 90's - early 2000's". Absolutely nobody reading your sig, and your posts in this thread here in 2017, would have any reason to believe that the mods shown today were also on the sled 15-20 years ago!

2) Your sig notes "Aaen twin pipes coming". The obvious conclusion is that the sled does not currently have twin pipes, and there is no common sense reason to think the sled had twin pipes 15-20 years ago. Also, a Bender silencer would not make it "piped", it's probably slowing you down.

3) I don't understand how you expect people to believe you had V-Force 3 reeds installed when you raced against brand new SRX's. V-Force Delta's were around during that timeframe, V-Force 2's came out around 2000. V-Force 3's came later...

I'm pretty sure I am trying to help. Really.

No your not, you just want to win your case...

Let ME break this down for you:

My sled is the same that it was 20 years ago, minus the Aaen twin pipes it had back then, and I now have V-Force 3 instead of the original V-Force.
Also use to have Dial-A-Jets, gutted air box, milled drivers, suspension setup for transfer, 192 1.175 studs on stock track, Hauck 51/45 helix, 8DN weights, some stickers and a red and blue keychain ...

And you want to label me at 106 to 108 Hp?

let me break it down again for you

Stock Dyno Hp 98Hp
Single layer head gasket 2-5Hp?
Vforce Reeds 0-2 Hp?
Bender porting 11Hp (Per Bender)
Aaen Twin Pipes 10Hp (Per Aaen)

I'll let you add it up so you cant call me a liar...
and, Im sure you will call BS on all the stated numbers, so, do the research yourself

While your at it, go ahead and run the power to weight yourself with your own "special" numbers

Last edited:

And Tony, no I didn't, I said STOCK, they are not fast in a short distance.
That doesn't mean you re-clutching, re-jetting, changing gears, ect...
I mean fresh out of the crate stock, not Tonys idea of stock...

Last edited:
gee am i wrong , but didn,t a stock out of the crate 2001 srx set the e.t. record at the amsnow shootout in 2001. 3:16x (yammie tony)

No your not, you just want to win your case...

Let ME break this down for you:

My sled is the same that it was 20 years ago, minus the Aaen twin pipes it had back then, and I now have V-Force 3 instead of the original V-Force.
Also use to have Dial-A-Jets, gutted air box, milled drivers, suspension setup for transfer, 192 1.175 studs on stock track, Hauck 51/45 helix, 8DN weights, some stickers and a red and blue keychain ...

And you want to label me at 106 to 108 Hp?

let me break it down again for you

Stock Dyno Hp 98Hp
Single layer head gasket 2-5Hp?
Vforce Reeds 0-2 Hp?
Bender porting 11Hp (Per Bender)
Aaen Twin Pipes 10Hp (Per Aaen)

I'll let you add it up so you cant call me a liar...
and, Im sure you will call BS on all the stated numbers, so, do the research yourself

While your at it, go ahead and run the power to weight yourself with your own "special" numbers

One week ago you came to this thread and responded directly to a post that was made 6 years ago by someone who hasn't been active here in almost 2 years, boasting about your sled and how it fared 15-20 years ago against Yamaha's most powerful production snowmobile at that time.

You must have been expecting some type of response (you called out the person who made the 6 yr old post), or perhaps you were standing on a soapbox looking for people to revere at how great you and your sled were. I'm hoping it's not the latter, so let's go with you must have been expecting a response to your post, and when the response didn't go in your favor, only then did you follow up with the "truth" about your mods, which wasn't even the full truth because you just added some more above. You also tried to explain how power to weight ratio was in your favor, by only using dry weight in the calculation, but your races did not happen without a rider or fluids in each sled.

I challenged you on not providing information about your mods until after people started questioning you, and only then did you follow up with the extent of your mods, that was deceptive on your part. I've already debunked your sig argument, there is no way anyone could have concluded that you had twin pipes, or many of your other mods, when reading your initial post here.

I also challenged you on real world power to weight for your races, and I helped you out with Yamaha's published data that you were just guessing at. I also provided a realistic example of fluid and rider weight and told you to recalculate using your numbers as well as the better numbers here in this thread. If you don't like my fluid and rider weight, use your own realistic number, you have to plug in something for an example of power to weight in an actual racing situation (as in your original post).

If you want to debate with me, the above is what I challenged you on. I never said you didn't win the races, I wasn't there and I really don't care. There are many people reading this thread, many are likely very impressionable, less experienced, or not involved with snowmobiles from 15-20 years ago. It's not right for people to be influenced by your incomplete and deceptive information, whether you intended it or not.

I also never claimed any horsepower figure for your engine. What right do you have to make a statement like this about something that I never said: "And you want to label me at 106 to 108 Hp?" You are also wrong for calling me out by your trying to list the HP for your mods and saying I'll call BS to them.
DO NOT try to put words in my mouth, that really shows the type of person you are.

Lastly, I enjoy math, let's look at some example power to weight numbers that could be found in a fun racing environment 15-20 years ago:

XTC: 120hp (your #) / 715lbs [465lbs dry (your #)+250lbs fluid/rider] = .168
SRX: 140hp (your #) / 800lbs [550lbs dry (your #)+250lbs fluid/rider] = .175
Conclusion: SRX has better power to weight

XTC: 120hp (your #) / 724lbs [474lbs dry (Yamaha's 476# minus your stated 2lbs ski/silencer difference 467-465)+250lbs fluid/rider] = .166
SRX: 140hp (your #) / 795lbs [545lbs dry (Yamaha's #)+250lbs fluid/rider] = .176
Conclusion: SRX has better power to weight

XTC: 120hp (your #) / 724lbs [474lbs dry (Yamaha's 476# minus your stated 2lbs ski/silencer difference 467-465)+250lbs fluid/rider] = .166
SRX: 137hp (98-99HP) / 795lbs [545lbs dry (Yamaha's #)+250lbs fluid/rider] = .172
Conclusion: SRX still has better power to weight

Haven't needed to use a lower hp number for your sled if in fact your 120hp is optimistic. SRX700 has better power to weight in each example.

WOW this is great.its like talking to a cat owner:o|:o| lol.i have 1 - ? for you muderyamaha have you road a srx in the last 15 -20 yr's?.i'm sorry but these guys R giving the the best fax's;)!:yam:.

Good math, similar numbers that I came up with as well. Except I wasn't using the lowest numbers possible on my sled.

Maybe some other factors to consider would be the fact that the SRX was a 1998, the rider was 20 pounds heavier than me at the time, and like I said, I was geared down and well clutched. The race was probably about 300 feet or so, in a flat ditch by our dealership. We raced back and forth about 7 times. Same results each time.

Also, I never said you were the one saying I had 106 to 108 hp, if you would read the posts, you would have seen who said that.

So, answer me this please. Based on all the info you now know, would you say it was or was not possible for my sled to have beaten an SRX ?

Not to talk about the xtc that has no low end to begin with, and even less with porting and pipes, and it has no powervalves either.

WOW this is great.its like talking to a cat owner:o|:o| lol.i have 1 - ? for you muderyamaha have you road a srx in the last 15 -20 yr's?.i'm sorry but these guys R giving the the best fax's;)!:yam:.

Lol, yes, I have ridden several, matter of fact, the same sled I am talking about beating, use to be my demo sled when I worked at the dealership! Also, just helped by buddy change weights in his 2000 for a upcoming local race.
I love SRX's, and almost bought a 1999 with 2900 miles on it last week for $1,600 !
Waited too long and missed out ...
But I did snag a 1997 700 SX with bender triples, 3100 miles for $600, needs a lot of cosmetic work
I am a fan of all Yamahas.

Last edited:

Back