8 CA weight

alsim1

I found a set !

Can I expect good result with it for sxviper ? If yes, what rivets do I use in the meedle and the tip ? 10.3 mm, 13.9 mm?

Sorry I have not the weight for the rivet to order it, just the mm.

thanks
alsim

8ca, 4.5 grams first hole, 2.7 in tip
stock primary spring y/w/y with 2 shims, or use a g/w/g primary spring with no shims
51/45 helix with green spring at 70-80 twist
stock gearing 22/38

works good but not as good as heel clickers does in single pipe viper, but each to own.

Hi Guys

I tried 8Ca with G/W/G , 4.5 first hole and 2.7 in tip. Green spring at 70 twist.
The hole shot is amazing but I got 8,100 rpm and drop to 7,800. May be is the pionner's helix that came with the P-02sxv clutch kit :
The pioneer set up are:weight 8EK00
rivet inner4.5 gr
rivet outer 4.5gr
primary blu/brn/blu
helix P2VS ( don`t know what is degree double angle)
secondary green set at 70.
What is the helix angle ?

Do I have to reduce weight in tip or 3.6 gr on fisrt hole ?

Thank you so much!
Alsim

DON,T COMPARE THAT. THOSE 8EK WEIGHTS ARE NOTHING LIKE 8CA,s. TWO THINGS TO TRY, ANOTHER HELIX WITH LESS FINISH, KEEP SAME START ANGLE, AND BACK TWIST OFF TO 3-3. ALSO GO TO 2.4 TIP. NEED TO get RPM UP. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

I'm sure if you contact Pioneer they will tell you that helix angle. I've got a couple Pioneer helix's and the angles are stamped right on them but they weren't part of a kit.

Thank you Stagg !

I just sent an email to Pionneer . I hope they will give me the angles.

Alsim

Thank you Bruce from pionneer for the quick reply

Ok Guys
This helix is 49/45

Is it working with 8 ca ?

Alsim

i believe the 45 finish angle is alittle steep for a single pipe viper with 8ca. thats could be why your rpm is dropping back. need a 49-41. or add less tip weight and go to 3/3 in secondary. 3:16 (yammie tony)

cheapest and easiest way to get it good, is to grind the tip rivet head, make it lighter. Right now you should be at 50 grams total, make them 48.5 grams total each. You want that 8100rpm like it is now out of the hole then climb up to 8500-8600rpm on a single pipe viper.

is the gearing still stock at 22/38?

RUN 8CA IN THREE 700 SX RED HEAD TRIPLES, TWO PIPED, ONE SINGLE PIPED. ALSO ONE 2002 VIPER. ALL THE CAMS WE USED WERE AROUND LOW 40ish. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

Yes the gearing is stock.

What is the best option
1. Weight of 8ca is 42.8+ first hole 3.6 rivet + second hole 2.44 rivet = 48.84 gr
or
2. If actually I have a good hole shot, 8 ca 42.8 + first hole 4.5 rivet and grind a tip ( or .85 rivet if it exist )

Alsim

Every 1 gram will equal 100 rpm +\- u can put .85 in tip but im shure mr viper will chime on it ...

Ok guys
First step I will try .84 rivet with hole . For the fine tuning can I use the hole to add some weight in it ?

Yes the gearing is stock.

What is the best option
1. Weight of 8ca is 42.8+ first hole 3.6 rivet + second hole 2.44 rivet = 48.84 gr
or
2. If actually I have a good hole shot, 8 ca 42.8 + first hole 4.5 rivet and grind a tip ( or .85 rivet if it exist )

Alsim

your best option is too simply grind the tip rivet, and make the weights 48.5 grams each, leave the 4.5 middle alone, just lighten up the tip rivet, you can drill a hole thru the rivet that will lighten it up then grind on the head a little.

helix is fine, leave the spring at 70 wrap because the 8ca dont backshift real well ,so youll need the sec to have a little bit of tension on it so the backshift from the secondary wont be horrible in the trails.

Back