8 CA weight

Hi guys
second test. more stable for the rpm

8ca, 4.5 grams first hole, .84 in tip
g/w/g primary spring with no shims
49/45 helix with green spring at 70

We are close but I have to raise rpm at top end. The best hole shot that I ever had. I don't know what is the torq curve but they push very hard. When I snap the trottle. I they hit 8200/8300 and immediatly decrese to 8100. I love the acceleration but I have to climb rpm to 8600.

Empty hole at tip ?, more twist (80) ? or another helix ? i don't whant to lose top end

Alsim
stock gearing 22/38

Hi guys
second test. more stable for the rpm

8ca, 4.5 grams first hole, .84 in tip
g/w/g primary spring with no shims
49/45 helix with green spring at 70

We are close but I have to raise rpm at top end. The best hole shot that I ever had. I don't know what is the torq curve but they push very hard. When I snap the trottle. I they hit 8200/8300 and immediatly decrese to 8100. I love the acceleration but I have to climb rpm to 8600.

Empty hole at tip ?, more twist (80) ? or another helix ? i don't whant to lose top end

Alsim
stock gearing 22/38

try 80 on the helix wrap 6/2, you would be suprised at how much differance 10 degrees can make to hold onto the belt.

how old is the green dot sec spring?

Yes I will realy surprise if just 10degrees more twist will raise the rpm to reach 8600. Doing more twist will kill top speed ? Green spring has about 2500kilo.
If I let the hole empty at the tip (3x.84gr) maybe raise 250 rpm. Will I have more top end with 49/41 with less wrap or 49/45 will perform very well at 80 degrees ?

i rather see ya with a different helix but thats not always possibe. a shallower finish helix (LOWER) number will increase your peak rpm, thats option one. option two is more secondary twist. look you get in your power band everything will come around. can,t be under and your can,t be over. sled won,t perform. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
Quick Q about the 8CAs. I have some that say......8CA. Then directly beneath that they have an 01. Are they differences in the 8CAs?
I'm done. Sorry about the post jack.

Last edited:
Yes I will realy surprise if just 10degrees more twist will raise the rpm to reach 8600. Doing more twist will kill top speed ? Green spring has about 2500kilo.
If I let the hole empty at the tip (3x.84gr) maybe raise 250 rpm. Will I have more top end with 49/41 with less wrap or 49/45 will perform very well at 80 degrees ?

only way to know that would be to test the mph both ways of setting it up. You can clutch a sled multiple ways and they may do the same exact mph when done on target rpm, but 1 of them will do something better then the other one will somewhere from start to finish.

Ok I will test with the cheapest way. Swap it To 80 and check it if my top end Will be hurt and check also if I'll reach 8600rpm. I always think more pressure in the secondery equal less top speed

Hummm. 41degrees wrap at 3/3 and 45 degrees wrap at 6/2 could they have the same top speed ? It's a new lesson for me !

I'm pretty close. I tried 80 on the helix wrap 6/2 but I noticed not bigger improvement.
I removed little rivets on the tip .84 gr and twist at 60. When I hit the throttle at very low speed, the rpm climbed right at 8500 and he dropped to 8200-8300.

1. What do you think if I'll try Or/S/Or (35-143). May be I will drop to 8300 on a hole shot and climb to 8600 ?

2. or I have to remove little bit weight on the rivets? Probably goes to 8700 and drop to 8500 ?

3. green twist at 70. But maybe drop my topend

Now set 8Ca with G/W/G , 4.0 gr first hole and 0 in tip.
Green spring at 60 twist.
The hole shot is now 8,500 rpm and drop to 8,200-300.
primary G/W/G
helix 49/45

Alsim

just get a peice of schedule 40 2 inch tubing and take a slice off it thats .125" thick, install this shim under the primary spring and ride it should be about right on.

Thank you Don
Good ! It's easy fix .

Is the RPM will raise at the hole shot like 8 700 and come down after at 8500 ? If it possible I prefer hole shot at 8300 and raise at 8600

Yes sir! Right on 8,500 with about 3.5 mm thickness spacer. I put the spacer between the top of the spring and the cap of the clutch. Is it right ?

Now I hit 8700 on the start and dropped a little to 8500. What should I do if I want 8300 on start to 8600 on top end ? 51/43 helix or another cheaper trick to get it ?

Thanks a lot !

Could not agree more Mrviper700! Heelclicker works awesome on that sled.

For sure but actually I have to work with those 8ca's. I'm very close . It pull very strong !.
I want just to decrease 200-300 RMP on start and reach the same RPM on top.
Saturday I will try this setup on radar run
I was wondering if I could do without change my helix ?

Back