Ovation 340 Jetting VM-34

blissman20

Since I purchased my Ovation I have not been able to tune the dual barrel carb for the life of me. I have decided to swap it out for a VM-34 off of a Polaris XLT 600 because they really cheap... around 30-50 per carb. My next issue will be jetting. I have read and read and searched and searched on this forum but havent came up with much for jetting. Can anyone give me an idea on where to start for jetting this carb when i get it

try searching for user name lasse as he has done a few mikuni swaps on those sleds.

Yeah I just checked all of his started threads and I couldnt find anything where he found the jetting that he was looking for. I check out all of his replied threads

Yeah I just checked all of his started threads and I couldnt find anything where he found the jetting that he was looking for.
I check out all of his replied threads
I still own the Ovation/CS-340 with the Mikuni VM-34 carburetor.
It works like a champ.
Maybe the jetting is not 100% but it has run good now for a couple of years without any problems and has nearly been beaten to death by the kids.
No hiccups and no bogs what so ever.

:2strokes:

I still own the Ovation/CS-340 with the Mikuni VM-34 carburetor.
It works like a champ.
Maybe the jetting is not 100% but it has run good now for a couple of years without any problems and has nearly been beaten to death by the kids.
No hiccups and no bogs what so ever.

:2strokes:
That's good to hear, what jetting are you running? What elevation are you?

I have the sled up at the cabin so I can not give you the jetting.
1300 - 2600 Feet.

Start with this:
* 6DH4-3
* 159 P-0 or 159 P-2
* 280 or 260
* 1.5 turn out
Thank you! I will order some jets! I'm at 1500-2000ft as well

Blissman, how did that jetting work? I had my MV34 delivered today.... I'm way below you guys in elevation but if I have a starting point I think I can do the conversion (or someone can....)

Back