Will this skid fit my 2006 apex mountain se?

muskegmatt

I bought a used skid and track off a guy who had what we thought was the same sled. I'm starting to think this skid is the oem skid from a different model of apex that had electric shocks. No wire was connected to the ohlin shock canister but it looks like there's a terminal there. I also think I saw this skid on the web once as the one wi electric shocks. The track is 1" narrower than mine which would be ok and was the reason for the deal. I have no way of measuring but it's supposed to be 162cm like mine. Skid is supposed to be that length too.

The rear mounting bar/axle on the new skid is too wide to fit to back brackets on the sled by 0.5". The front mounting bar/axle is the correct size at 16.5" which is the size of the my tunnel. photo of the skids shows the one I bought above the one I had. When I try to mount it I can fit it in between the brackets if I wedge it in but the metal is straining outward by .25" either side.

Any thoughts on what this skid I bought is?
If I could mount it is there a problem with the strain on the mounting brackets?

Thanks

f0abb09fb84ac8dad41556be50fd80e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm considering taking .25" off either side with a cutting wheel and then tapping a new thread. That is assuming everything else (skid and track) checks out. Anyone to talk me out of it?
Does anyone know if the shock requires an electronic controller? My '06 mountain se doesn't have the electric shock controller.
Does anyone know why this guy's apex is 17" at the back with a 16'5" tunnel while mine is 16.5 at both? Different year? Model?

Thanks

No expert but I would speculate that it mounts in a different location and used doubler plate on the outside as opposed to inside the tunnel. Call team fast with pen paper in hand and they will help sort what you need don't be afraid to call more than once. They sell exspensive products and that should pay for tech. Here is where the 4 stroke guys hangout.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/forums/apex-general-talk.36/

That skid is junk, sell it to me for 50 bucks.

what do you want for your old one and was your track in useable condition?

To be more spacific, that skid is an m10 with tag. The arm to the rear moves the rear wheels to keep track tension when the rear arm is compressed.

Thanks for all the info. I have a call in to the tech at Team Fast. I will let you know what I find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so it is an M10 from TeamFast. It seems like a pretty good upgrade on the stock suspension so I went forward with this. I bought their mounting kit and some replacement parts for what was damaged on the suspension. It was pretty pricy, especially shipping to Canada...
I've installed the track that came with the suspension and am ready to install the suspension but might have hit a wall. Hopefully someone can help.

The M10 only comes in sizes up to 159. The previous owner had it mounted with a 162 track. I bought both off him because I was looking for a new track and the suspension was pretty much thrown in on the deal.
The tech support at TeamFast has been helpful but they haven't responded to my last question about mounting the M10 to a 162 track. I think they might not respond because they probably don't support this type of install.

Months ago while on the phone with the tech he mentioned some guys were doing this so they are aware that it can be done, and obviously the previous owner had this configuration.

The M10 install procedure has you measure 5.05" from the flat of the driveshaft to drill the front mounting holes for the suspension arms. A template that came in the kit is then used to align the back holes. My question is if you need to modify these install dimensions to mount the M10 further back from the driveshaft to account for the additional 3cm of track.
I am worried that the track will be too loose if I install it as per the instructions.

Has anyone done this install on a 162 track and do you have any advice?

Yes, just move the suspension back in the tunnel. If it is a 159 move it the additional 1.5" so 6.55 from axle...................SRXtreme

Back