Mountain Max Smoking

fikey

I recently bought a 2000 MM 700 that had been sitting for a while. This is my 1st sled, so I am fumbling around a bit. After taking the carbs off and cleaning, I put new fuel in and it started right up but smoked me out of my shop. I started it up another day and again it smoked me out. A couple of people told me that if the previous owner had fogged it, it could take a little bit to run it out. I guess I am looking for "what else" it could be. Aside from the smoke, my neighbor who has had many MM 700's, says it sounds great when running (so I don't think it has anything to do with carbs). Any ideas?

That would be fogging oil. If it was fogged and fogged good it will take a while to burn it all out. you may even have to ride it to get all the accumulated oil out of the bottom end. plan on new spark plugs after you get it burned out. The fogging oil really does a number on the plugs and its not uncommon to foul one out. I had that happen last year when I tried to ride on my plugs that had fogging oil on them.
IMG_1121.jpg

Back