Painting inside of windshield black

Srv560

Hi, I have a yamaha srv. Use to have a black windsheild on it. But cracked when I went over the handle bars. Now you can only buy the smoked one. Has anyone tried this before? Should I use gloss black or flat paint. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone

Do this all the time. Sand inside with really fine sandpaper, kind you use for wet sanding. Clean and rinse really well and paint. I use flat black, as the flat black has more paint pigment. Front will be nice and glossy looking and last forever. One I painted almost 15 years ago still looks new.

I used krylon white on back of mine and it turned out great. Also this year i plasti dipped the outside of windshield black and it looks real good.

Thanks guys. It's been seating here for a couple days. Last year I screw up and painted the outside and then used a clear coat. Well that was a mess. I don't have to use a primer first ? Grey or brown.

Sent from my iPhone

What does plastic dipping do? Do you spray it on? I think I want to play it safe. I am going out right now to paint it.

Sent from my iPhone

DONT PRIME IT. alll you be able to see is the primer from outside. I wouldnt even sand it. just make sure its nice and clean. plasti-dip not plastic dip is a spray on rubberized coating that goes on somewhat like paint but its removable.

Attachments

• 91467d85-9023-479b-96ee-4d0f311ae705.jpg
    91467d85-9023-479b-96ee-4d0f311ae705.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20150114_213830.jpg
    IMG_20150114_213830.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10
I sanded it and sprayed windex to clean it. There was a slight mistake I went to use flat black. The can had the flat black top on it. But it was krypton dual super bond primer and paint for plastic. Gloss black.
cac2d06fc50b62dd717f7f6278c77b38.jpg
d7160e758ae29ecc5ea5a79cfc4dc7bf.jpg
one coat.

Sent from my iPhone

Nice job devinzz1. How many coats did you have to use

Sent from my iPhone

2 full cans all together. That much isnt needed but the thicker it is the stronger and easier to take off. If you search on youtube many people paint their entire cars with the stuff.

I should of used rubbing alcohol instead of glass cleaner. A couple of little dipples . It's only one coat . Thanks for info

Sent from my iPhone

I was gona tell you to be careful taking trim but... Anyways. Its how it looks from the other side that counts.

I did a thread on this some time back and did a carbon fiber spray paint job using black paint gray paint and rubber mesh you would put in ur cabinets to prevent slipping....its on youtube....I just reveresed the order of painting when I did the inside of the windshield

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Back