01 SRX fuel screw setting, stock motor

tomseal6

VIP Member
Just out of curiosity, what is everybody setting the fuel screws at on a stock SRX. I know the stock setting is 1 and 1/8 but most had a lean spot or idle hang. What is the best setting for trail ride?

1.35,,,if that doesn't slow it down,, go to 1.5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,give it a try......go more if you have to.........

Last edited:
I am starting to think this is why people have such a hard time starting their sled after it sits. The size 40 pilots on the 01 are pretty small. Going to 42.5 IMO is a good upgrade and then turning the fuel screws out to 1.5 seems to help things.

Ok,

42.5 pilots and fuel screws out 1.5 turns getting a lean bog wacking the throttle.

Do I need to go out a little more on the fuel screws?

Carbs are clean.

A little choke cures the problem when wacking the throttle open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Tony,

These motors must like a lot of fuel down low.

Stock mains and needle positions seem to work good on the 01's. Going to see how 42.5's with 2 turns out in screws.

Ok,

2 turns out with 42.5 pilots much better. I couldn't believe it. I think there is some room for improvement so if anybody has a set of 45 pilots I'm looking.

I think somebody on here just posted they had 45 pilots with 1.5 turns out. I hope you can post again and tell me how much better it was when you wacked the throttle trying to find the right fuel mixture.

Heck, with your carbs dialed in perfectly, who needs fuel injection?

I ordered 3 size 45 pilots on ebay for $17. Should be here Saturday. Grass is still green and no signs of snow accumulation for the rest of the month, but at least the SRX will run perfectly when snow does get here.

I read a mrviper post and this pretty much explained it to me.

Low speed circuits: With the correct pilot jet and fuel screw settings the sled will smoothly gain rpm and not cough back thru the carbs or backfire thru the exhaust, it will cleanly gain rpm from a dead hit off idle.

Everything is tuned in real nice so now I'm going to install the air boxes air boxes have been sitting in the corner of the garage for the last year and a half so I'm taking it into the dishwasher as she is not home right now
20da97a54124d7e33b4de143b7609cbd.jpg

Everything is tuned in real nice so now I'm going to install the air boxes air boxes have been sitting in the corner of the garage for the last year and a half so I'm taking it into the dishwasher as she is not home right now
20da97a54124d7e33b4de143b7609cbd.jpg

Ahhh the good ol parts washer. I even let my wife use mine to do dishes in once in a while. LOL!

Back