Checking out an 02 srx

That 02 SRX was on Craigslist last year with 7300 miles. It didn't sell. If they're over $2,000 in Michigan they don't move too fast. It looks nicer than most though.

At 7300 I would definatly do a
New pistons and rings...but if it's clean it's worth it...most I see for sale are either beat on or severe lack of maintance or storage ...so finding a clean sled is most important...but there are a lot of guys that the Srx is there passion and they keep them mint and that's the ones you want to keep your eye out for!

I found my 02 last year with 2300miles, all stock and showroom clean...I was happy to pay $4500 Canadian for it as it's truly a diamond in the rough! Good luck on your search buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the smaller bore triples have longer longevity than the 800 twins we're familiar with today. Ran my 1st SRX700 for over 12,000 miles and compression never dropped. All posts accurate and really comes down to maintenance. As long you someone stays on top of the power valves and reeds, does proper warm-up, etc and the motor should be good for over 10K before having to freshen it up. Building a racer than you may want to consider going inside sooner.

Still kicking myself for selling my 2000 w/Ohlins for only $2100 back in 08 with 2200 miles, I'd pay that today in a heartbeat but as the miles get up over 4K-5K both mileage and age fatigue the sled in many ways.

Best of luck and IMO the 2000 and 2002 are the best, 2000 for the looks (blue on blue) and the 2002 for the DCS. The 2000 or newer received many updates over the earlier 98/99 models.

We'll went and looked at the 01 on craigslist the other day. Clean clean clean the guy said. Wow lesson learned. Ask more specific questions and pics. It may have 3500 miles but they weren't friendly ones. it's come down on the back end hard. Or been rear ended. Few cracks in the hood ,rips in the seat. He wasn't happy when I left. Neither was I. Made him an offer and told him to call me when it gets worse. Got a text in like 36 hours or so. Hindsight says i offered too much.It's still there far as I know...

I think clean to some people is different to others. I got mine with 3800 miles on it and they were hard miles too. I am still finding stuff wrong a few years later. I should have not bought the one I have and searched for a really nice one. They are out there. I did not know any better at the time. I have way too much money in it now to sell otherwise I would sell and buy one that is nice. Probably should stay away from it. Highly doubt it was maintained well if it looks in that bad of shape.

We'll went and looked at the 01 on craigslist the other day. Clean clean clean the guy said. Wow lesson learned. Ask more specific questions and pics. It may have 3500 miles but they weren't friendly ones. it's come down on the back end hard. Or been rear ended. Few cracks in the hood ,rips in the seat. He wasn't happy when I left. Neither was I. Made him an offer and told him to call me when it gets worse. Got a text in like 36 hours or so. Hindsight says i offered too much.It's still there far as I know...

I ended up buying one that was supposed to be super nice, when I got there it wasn't what I was expecting, lots of little dings, scratches and other issues, after I got it home and started working on it I found even more issues! lol. I did end up buying it because I traveled so far to look at it and I couldn't find any 00-02 SRX's at that time for what I could afford. Although I spent lots of time and money on the sled, I now have a very nice 00 SRX and I learned so much about working on these things.

That's the thing I can buy all the 98-99's I want. The late models are getting harder to find every day it seems . Torn between another offer and just finding a nice one. Would be fun to go over one with the grandson though...

Hey guys I've had my eye out for 02 srx and am wondering about the life expectancy. Are they as reliable as the red head triples? What would you guys consider high miles? Those are my concerns. Thanks for your thoughts.

If you're going to an srx from a viper just for the power factor of it... why not just buy some pipes for your viper? By buying a stock 02 srx, you're downgrading in the suspension department. A piped viper will haul *** over a stock srx.

I like my viper a lot but I've always wanted a srx. Piped viper or srx? What do you guys think of a piped & trail ported viper? More maintaince when your ported. Are they really faster than a stock srx? Are they as reliable as a stock srx? That's the big one. That and gas mileage .

Back