New to 2-stroke yamahas..which sled do I have?

Did some tinkering and got it to start. Now the fun can begin! It sounded nice and ran okay. The carbs aren't getting any fuel though. I'll start tearing it apart tomorrow. It turned out that the coils were still wired to the CID box. I just unplugged the ignition like what was suggested and tested for spark. It sparked and then I got happy! At least I know the motor is good.

Knowing the sled will run is a good start. Getting everything back to normal is the next step and soon you'll be riding.

Thats awesome. Take your time and clean it up and go over every thing. Then ride it hard.

I'd like to think it's stil salvagable....even if it a hodge podge of stuff. It's nice to know that parting it out would be worth while too. It's always nice to have a plan B.

I just can't find these machines on the slope. That's kind of why I want to at least get it semi-decent.

If you only have a little gas in the tank the pump has a hard time lifting gas to re prime itself, especially when your only yanking it over on the rope. If you fill it at least till the fuel tank fitting your not having to lift the gas over the hump.

Back