proper SRX 700 spark plug

siudog

Every other Yamaha I have uses an BR9ES, but my '98 SRX 700 manual calls out BR10ECS. Many posts, a few dealers, and even Bender recommends a plain-old BR9ES. I'm on a totally stock machine that I bought used. It came with BR9ECS. The motor was seriously blown when I got it so the plugs are a nice aluminum piston color (obviously cannot read them). I intend on leaving it stock. What am I missing regarding using 9's instead of 10's??? Is the factory out to lunch or does the manual have a typo? I'm near chicago and ride Wi, Mi, which is less than 1000' above sea level. I never hold my machines open for more than a few seconds.

I the dirt bike world, there are many instances of electrodes falling off and damaging engines when using ES on those Hi-perf 2 strokes. Iridium NGKs are the solution. Any similar concerns or horror stories from you guys???

Thanks.

Thats right, run the BR9ECS. There was an update for the 98's to run the 9's instead of the 10's.

How about Split Fires?

I have an 01'SRX. Was wondering if Split Fires would make any difference. Anyone tried them ?

I heard the split fires have had a history of problems of getting too hot and causing engine damage. If you have the '01 you are getting really good spark anyway if everything is working properly

i to just bought a used 98 srx700, the guy i bought it from told me to run br9eya yamaha advises br9es so i changed to to the es and they fouled. put in the eya and had no problems. the diffrence between the two are the eya has a small grove in the electrode, do not know if it was a fluke or what but i changed to eya in my 04 venom and they work good 250 miles of troublefree riding. just my 2 cents. worth checking into. ;)!

Back