Front heat exchanger wrecked?!

Sxviperrules99

Ok, so this is going to make me sound like an idiot but anyways... I bought an 02 viper off a guy a couple years ago. It had a 1 inch studded track on it and that has been what's been on it since. I have never had the skid out of it but the other day I decided I should pull it out and re grease the the pivot points. While having the skid out I was in horror when I noticed that the front heat exchanger protector had been removed! I have no clue why the previous owner had removed them... maybe he had a bigger higher lug track in it at one time.... but the problem is that there are two slash marks about 4 inches long and 1/4 inches deep. What I want to know is if the exchanger is wrecked or if it will be fine as long as there is no coolant leaking. I was planning on switching the track out this year anyway.
Thanks

X2. All good, you can actually beat them up pretty good and they are fine. But get some protectors on them asap. May want to build that groved area up just for some protection.

you could pressure test your system if you want to be sure. but as long as there's no green you are good. the front exchanger on my 00 sxr looks like it got into a fight with a bear and is still okay.

Back