Viper M-10 Modification

GS700

Ok I have a 2003 Viper with the stock Pro Action skid. I found a very good M10 from a 2003 Edge chasis that I am buying. Are there installation/modification instructions somewhere that I can reference? I know many have done this mod with very good results. Just looking for some help. thanks

I did a lot of searching for this and I mounted mine in the stock front hole and moved the stock bracket for the rear bolt up to the m10 dimension. I believe it was 25.55". I have not gotten to try it but that was the best I came up with. It looks like it is right. I used the front shaft for a Polaris. It was a little shorter than what I needed but I made spacers. I remember reading the front shaft from a rx1 works. I would guess from a 05 rx1 (but not sure) since the 03 and 04 still have the proaction. Mine is a Fast m10 but I think the mounting is the same. Hope this helps.

When I did mine ,I found the best instructions in the tech section . Complete with pics and done on a Viper. Should be extremely helpful. Takes some time to do right but well worth the effort . good luck with the build.

When I did mine ,I found the best instructions in the tech section . Complete with pics and done on a Viper. Should be extremely helpful. Takes some time to do right but well worth the effort . good luck with the build.

Do you or anyone have exact measurements of the template? A pdf with numbers would be great

Thanks that will help. Looks like you can buy an install kit from Fast for a Yamaha for $250 ? After looking I have the same question does anyone have the template that could share the measurments?

$250 for a piece of paper and $10 aluminum plates seem just a bit ridiculous. I can machine my own plate. Just need the true #'s

I'm sure I still have the actual paper template. Let me have a look and I'll get back to you.

I would check with Fast to see if the Polaris m-10 is the same as the Fast m-10. I have the fast m-10 and love it. When I needed some replacement parts I was looking for some used and the part numbers did not match and the measurements were different on the Polaris parts versus what I had. I stretched a 121 non metric to 136 and then 144 tipped up and needed to add idler shafts and such to help with track tension, slide wear and stability. If they are the same spend the money and get the mount kit from Fast as you need support in key spots and you need to cut away some of the factory reinforcements and put in new mounting plates. Good Luck!

Back