it is finally coming

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
major system starting tonight and we will be getting our first snow fall and full Blizzard Conditions Thursday.More snow on the weekend..picking up gas tonight..ready to ride finally;)!

City of Winnipeg
Winter is coming.

An intense low pressure system with a strong cold front will sweep across the province Wednesday afternoon bringing an abrupt end to the mild November weather. Behind the cold front temperatures will plummet to normal for this time of year with overnight lows in the minus double digits. Alongside falling temperatures blustery northwesterly winds are expected with 60 gusting to 90 km/h likely. Flurries will be accompanying the winds which will reduce visibilities in blowing snow at times. Finally, with the cold air, northwest winds and open lakes, snow squalls are expected in the lee of Lake Manitoba and Lake Winnipeg. Conditions will improve Thursday night as winds begin to diminish.

well the snow has finally come..will do a little riding this weekend,at least around my property.Got to see the new Viper today at my dealer.Man them sled are huge beasts.They told me that they will top out at around 92 mph.At $16,000..not good enough for me..

Damn you!!
If the weather stays like this here, I will have to cut the grass

Damn you!!
If the weather stays like this here, I will have to cut the grass

this system is heading East,maybe you'll get some..lol.It is still snowing and blowing here.What usually takes me 20 minutes to drive to work,took me an extra hour this morning..

Il be living over west coast of NL this winter :) Snow is already on the ground and the sleds are out. I have a few things to do to my vmax till i brings her over. Cant wait to ride the mountains for the first time!

We've been getting flurries all day today so far. Supposed to get 5-15cm overnight into Sunday. We'll see though...at least it's snowing! Gotta start sometime...

it is finally coming starting after midnight,promising a possible 8 inches by Thursday.But we shall see..usually we are lucky to get half what they forecast..but the SRX will be running a bit on the weekend,have to break in the new rings I installed

Snowfall warning in effect for:

City of Winnipeg
Colorado Low to bring 10-20 cm of snow on Wednesday.

A developing Colorado Low will move northeastwards through the day today across the Central and Northern Plains of the United States and push into Minnesota through the overnight period. As this storm system approaches, it will spread snow into Southern Manitoba overnight into Wednesday morning.

Moderate to heavy snow will build into the region between 6 and 9 AM and persist through the morning, with significant accumulations nearing 10 cm under the heaviest band likely by noon. Snow will continue falling through the afternoon, but it will be lighter than the morning. A further 2-6 cm are possible through the afternoon. Light snow will continue overnight with lesser accumulations.

By the time the snow tapers off on Thursday morning, storm-total snowfall amounts will be in the 10-20 cm range for much of south-central and southeastern Manitoba.

Through Wednesday night, gusty northwesterly winds will develop through the Red River Valley and combine with the fresh snow to produce local blowing snow in open areas. Visibility may be abruptly restricted, particularly in rural areas, Wednesday night into Thursday.

It's important to note that the heaviest snow will be falling along a narrow band and will be sensitive to the exact track of the low pressure system. While there is high confidence in the current snowfall forecast, Environment Canada meteorologists will continuously monitor this developing system and adjust the warning areas if required.

Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to storm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports to #MBStorm.

Last edited:

Back