Bender can install???

nick5oh

So I installed my bender can tonight! Sounds beautiful....Was wondering a couple things.....
I used the mounting rubbers from the oem can but one was missing. So right now I have one on the belly of the sled in the slot, and one on the can where it tests against the chain case cover. That's all good I'm happy with that. What I don't like is how the can moves around quite a bit, which moves the pipes, which in turn will prematurely wear out my exhaust donuts at the heads and cause a leak or just shift and cause a leak. I relocated the spring that wrapped around the stock can, so that I could wrap it around the bender can to hold it a bit tighter but it's still not ideal.
Anyone have any ideas/pics/instructions as to how to do this the best possible way? Thanks guys

on the bottom of the can you should see a welded loop for a spring to attach. On the lower mount bracket for the stock exhaust you might have to drill a small hole to attach the other end of the spring to it. That will help stop it from rocking. Also make sure all your other springs are mounted on the pipes. There are a few that are hidden. And welcome to the site. Lots of nice people on here always helping out.

on the bottom of the can you should see a welded loop for a spring to attach. On the lower mount bracket for the stock exhaust you might have to drill a small hole to attach the other end of the spring to it. That will help stop it from rocking. Also make sure all your other springs are mounted on the pipes. There are a few that are hidden. And welcome to the site. Lots of nice people on here always helping out.

It's not rocking severely right now....I may be a little paranoid. Just don't want to wear out the exhaust donuts, they're quite expensive through Yamaha, over $100 from what I see on partzilla.com. I'll take a look for that loop on the bottom of the can. Thanks for the info buddy

It's not rocking severely right now....I may be a little paranoid. Just don't want to wear out the exhaust donuts, they're quite expensive through Yamaha, over $100 from what I see on partzilla.com. I'll take a look for that loop on the bottom of the can. Thanks for the info buddy
I bring my gaskets to a local exhaust shop. Bought all 3 for slp pipes $10.

Back