whats everyone using for oil?

I have to agree with SSRRXX. I have used Yamalube2S forever and my 2001SRX with 9000 miles was just re-ringed and the cylinders/pistons looked like the day they were put it. In a jam on the trail I have put in any 2 stroke I could find without any issue. I do like the smell of Klotz though!

My mtn max has had yamalube in it every winter that I have owned it. What the PO had in it I'm not sure. I'm tempted to run yamalube in my 700 Indy twin. It's non power valved so I don't need to worry about carbon on it. There was a bottle of Castrol 2 stroke oil in the trunk when I bought it so I don't really know what had been in it before.

I second the Super Tech from Walmart. I have used this oil in all my non-power valve sleds for ten's of thousands of miles and rebuilds do not lie. No abnormal wear on any engine parts. SXR had 13,000 miles on it and we refresh-end the top end and the pistons, rings and cylinders showed no abnormal wear. Still use it in all my toys from outboards sleds chainsaws etc with no problems. From memory all the non synthetic oil is Citgo from the same vat in Chicago so use what ya like.

Ill assume this is for your SRX? If we have a million guys answer you will get 900,000 different opinions. In fact we had a awesome oil thread by nosboy ( im surprised he didnt see this) but i dont think hes been around for a long time, that debated this very subject for many years. I subscribe to buy the best oil you can afford. For your reading enjoyment here ya go. This ones for you nosboy if your out there!!!!!! http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/...alube-(by-nosboy)?highlight=oil+thread+nosboy

Back