Yamaha srx 700 power valves

speedracingserge

I have two srx on the trail and him going true a couple of power valve every winter witch is getting pretty costly . I have heard that some guys get a stainless steel end welded on . is that a good fix or the cables will still eat them up. Love my srx but the power valves price new are just crazy.

It's a good fix. Better than new and won't pull through again.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I have two srx on the trail and him going true a couple of power valve every winter witch is getting pretty costly . I have heard that some guys get a stainless steel end welded on . is that a good fix or the cables will still eat them up. Love my srx but the power valves price new are just crazy.

I know MRVIPER was doing them last season. But if your going through that many valves a season i would be looking for other problems. Adjusting to tight, not cleaning enough ect..... We have up to 5 vipers in our group at any time and have been for a long time and have never had one pull through. We keep them adjusted properly and clean often. These sleds are getting some big miles and depending on blowby and oil type, condition of sled they need cleaning every couple of hundred miles. Im cleaning mine at least two to three times a year.

I clean mine about every 1200 miles,,,,,Use yamalube,,,,never had a pull through,,,,,,,,need to be ajusted properly......learn to set & mark servo ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, set & ADJUST from there.............

Last edited:

Back