Setting up PV's?

nick5oh

Read the tech section on it, know what I need to do. Step one though, "set servo (lower idle below 900)". Does this mean run the sled while adjusting the power valves? Also, what is the correct way to lower the idle to adjust the power valves? Thanks guys.

You can adjust the idle screw until you see the servo open the valves or you can choke it until it does. Watch carefully that it doesn't move back. If they are tight the servo will go back. You can mark it with a marker so you can check it. If there is too much tension put on it it will move back. You will see what I'm saying when you try it.

get a 12v battery and rig up your own test lead. using the test lead will make sure you are dead on and also alarm you of any binding.

I found some more info in a sticky at the top of the thread list....saw a couple pics of a yammy manual showing adjustment and cleaning procedures, it mentioned a special electrical adapter to power up the valves. I'm assuming I can make my own jumper leads but I need to do this safely so I don't fry anything. Anyone know which connector and wire colors I need to power and ground? Basically I power and ground these and the servo will setup to full open? So I can make the adjustments? Is this correct ?thanks guys

Back