1998 Srx 700 HELP

Envy3699

Just got a 1998 srx700 with the triple pipes. Got it for free from my dad friend. It was just sitting in his backyard for a year. This is my first sled and I've actually never even driven one.

I already know I have to clean the carbs because it doesn't like to idle without the choke and bogs without it.

My main question is about the power vavles. There is a line that goes to the cylander and leaks a black oil onto the exhaust. It leaks out where the line and the metal meets. What could this be and how could I fix it?

Sorry if this is written badly im on my phone.

There is a o ring in there to stop that you should go to the dealer and buy the rebuild kit for the 3 cables.When you do ride it go slow for awhile they are a fast sled.

The o ring will fix the problem always clean carbs.
And yes if this is your first sled take it nice and easy as the srx 700 is not a beginners sled very fast.

I would also clean and adjust the valves while you are in there. There is a ton of info on how to do it on here and in the tech section. Most of these sleds get neglected over the years.

If she's been sitting for awhile, you will also want to clean the fuel pump, maybe even as far as removing the gas tank and clean that out as well. Other minor notables, would be to change the plugs, do an oil change and put new wheel bearings in your idler wheels.

Back