Heavy hitter clutch weights

badazzyammie

Anybody run these would like to use them in my viper its stock right now I went on there sight and they have different size weights to choose from anybody point me in the direction

Most likely the 48 gram weights are what you'll want. I think it's HHY-48. What's your riding style

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

TY Forums > Yamaha Sleds > SRX, Viper.... > Heavy Hitters / 02 Viper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Hitters / 02 Viper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorhead

03-03-2012, 09:18 AM

I have a set of the HH48 just sitting here, and my wifes Viper which has an over rev issue. Already tried adding weight to the tip and also tried different helixes and twists. Carbs are all stock jetting, and the power valves have been cleaned and adjusted. All bearings look good, so now I will try this set of HH that are just sitting here. Does anyone have a starting point set up for use with all stock primary and secondary springs...

Motorhead

03-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Spoke with a gentleman from Thunder Products concerning my needed set up. I was told that he did not have a set up for me utilizing the stock primary spring, but he had no doubt that it could be done with time, but their set up has been tested and should put me close. So with that being said I went with his set up which included buying a black primary spring from them... Cheap enough around $15.00

The rest of the set up goes as follows.

Heel 1/4 " allen socket = .9 grams

Mid hole steel bolt 3/8" head @ 2.6 grams + steel washer 1.4 grams = 4 G

Tip hole steel bolt 3/8" head @ 2.6 grams + brass washer .4 grams = 3 G

I am waiting for the primary spring to arrive, but though it will be installed once here, I am not sure this season will allow time to test it out, whereas I am still playing with the other Viper in the family (Bender piped etc. etc.) and the riding may be down to a couple of weekends for me !!

Anyways, hope this helps any future Yamahead that is in need of the same set up starting point, through a simple search on this forum...

journeyman

03-06-2012, 08:54 PM

That should get you close. I'm sure you got my PM by now. I think it all depends on how strong your Viper is on how much weight you can throw at it. I think the 3/8 steel in mid and tip are a for sure. From there you may have to tweak the mid and tip washers for your machine. As said in my PM I am running the 3/4" heel allen and it's mainly for the bottom end holeshot and doesn't tend to bother the mid or top end shift. If they don't have the primary spring for you, cross reference a Yamaha spring that figures out to 150lbs/300lbs aka 68kg/136kg maybe drop a bit on the preload and shift rate and add a couple spring shims which will raise your engagement a little more. I like mine around 4200. Also you need a silver secondary spring with 47 cam @60deg. The stock red doesn't work that well with them