2 questions

RB2001SRX700

Lifetime Member
First I bought a new Yamaha FXR fuel Helmet. Question is did I make a mistake? I have seen a few reviews for both good and bad. I was looking for your guys input.

Second is helmet communicators. I'm looking for some input on them. I know you can't get the best of both worlds but looking for distance and multiple riders. We tend to have a larger group of riders ( 6-10 ). I found a few that will do a large number of people but looking at $375 per helmet. Those are the Collett ones from Canada. I know people with the Sena 10 but they only do up to 4 riders. They work out to 960 yards. Been tested and they do work well but not for our size of group.

Thanks for the help guys.

I looked at the FXR before I went with 509. (Pretty much same helmet). And they look nice, it all about the fit. Communicator's are work. No help with communication.

Get a communicator with a PTT button(push to talk) on the handlebar. The voice activated ones are very annoying. They go off from wind noise or engine noise and have a delay so you miss the first word or two of what someone is saying.

I looked at the FXR before I went with 509. (Pretty much same helmet). And they look nice, it all about the fit. Communicator's are work. No help with communication.

My wife wants the 509 helmet as well. We spoke with a few dealers and the 509 is the most recommended. With the googles they say there is no wind and works very well. We will see how the FXR works.

My wife wants the 509 helmet as well. We spoke with a few dealers and the 509 is the most recommended. With the googles they say there is no wind and works very well. We will see how the FXR works.

Yea the 509's are spot on, No wind great fit and warm. Last winter (our first with a open face of any kind) was brutal cold and we had no problems at all. Also we used the arctic balaclava from klim.

Back