Viper S exchanger protecters opinions??

maybz

I am putting on a ice attack prestudded 1.22" track and need some opinions.
It currently has the factory 1.25" ripsaw that it come stock with. The sled come stock with no protecters on the front and rear exchangers. I picked up a pair of front ones off an srx and wow would they ever be tight! Any opinions awould be greatly appreciated.

Just did the trimming on my sons 700 tonight actually. we also just installed the 1.25 rip2 as well and noticed it was a little tight. Really noticed it when placing it in reverse. They would hit the tunnel proctor as the track came over the front hub. I ran it for a bit on the stand so I could see the marks so I knew exactly where to trim it. Took 20 minutes with a utility knife.

should i install the front protectors? I should have time this weekend to get the track on, No snow to ride!!!!

Ya this winter sucks so far. No snow in listowel either? Nothing here at all in the Chatham area and suppose to rain this coming weekend.

I would just to be safe and then just trim it back a little if it does rub

Last edited:
2002 SRX, Ice Attak XT installed. As per Staggs request, yes, the track did contact the front heat exchangers and the tunnel protectors as well. The tracks "windows" are not as wide as the original .92" SRX track. Check / measure old vs. new and report back. I had to move my tunnel protectors in slightly so they would be centered with track "windows" and modified the front heat exchanger protectors to provide clearance, PITA.

Back