What do you think of this, super way to see if your PVs need cleaning

norwegian

Hi
Let me know what you think of my PV tips.

I just figured out a way to check your powervalves in seconds, whether they need cleaning.

1) Start your sled and warm up, so the cold oil won't make it seem worse than it is
2) Remove YPVS cover.

With one finger, push each of the cables:

a) if you can push it downwards so the cable gives, the powervalve is moving quite easily: no cleaning needed. Remember, the pv motor is immensely strong
b) unable to push down cable with one finger, two or more fingers required: powervalve needs immediate cleaning
c) unable to push down cable at all: powervalve stuck. Needs to be removed and cleaned. Also check if cable is coming through the valve if you don't have the steel insert.
d) cable loose, won't spool up on pulley: powervalve cable broke: replace.

its a good idea, sorta what yamaha was thinking when they called this a '' self cleaning cycle'' when ya first start your srx. if the cables/ cervo move, their clean, if the not, be ready for pull throughs. 3:16x(yammie tony)

Nice to hear you liked my idea. Please let me know what you find out about your sleds. Tony, what if I have a steel insert in the valve, the ypvs motor will burn if a valve is stuck?

The cable would likely break but I'd agree it can't be good for the servo.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

That's a great idea, I do that as well to check on condition. I believe the servo has overload protection for when a valve is stuck and will flash a code and not burn out.

Mine move when checking them that way but I clean them every season just for piece of mind. There can be a lot of things missed with out regular maintenance. I also like checking the port with the exhaust off the jugs for adjustment of the power valve. Pain in the butt but they are right in the money. It is a good tip. Real good way to find a stuck power valve or broken cable.

You can also determine a possible pull-thru or broken cable that way. No resistance is bad, some resistance is good, no movement is bad.;)!

it is a good idea, but won,t tell ya if valve is getting gummy or building up carbon. that sleeve in powervalve was a post on here to prevent pull throughs, i thought another good idea. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Last edited:

Back